My Story- Lessons learned

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by acesup, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Randek

Randek

Acesup is another troll loser desperate for some kind of circus crowd attention.

He's read Reminiscences of a Stock Operator one too many times. LOL

Unfortunately, the internet is all he's got. I'm amazed that a few were actually oblivious enough to lend credence to his drunk piker story. Some of you evidently partied a little bit too hard last night and lost your brain cells. Or maybe you're just normally that naive.

#51     Jan 1, 2006
  2. Htrader

Htrader Guest

There are many traders who ran up a $20 mil account and then blew it up. Unfortunately, your story is not credible, given your outlandish trades examples, which show a complete lack of knowledge of the mechanics of daytrading.

Regarding your TUNE trade, you claimed to have $1 million in account equity at the time. As a retail trader, your max margin would have only been 2-1 at the time(the SEC only implemented 4-1 margin in 2001), so you could have only shorted $2 million worth of TUNE. Yet, you claim that at one point you were down $8 million. For that to happen, TUNE would have had to quadruple in price on that same day...and then drop 80% that same day in order for you to have any equity left. The stock in its history NEVER did such a thing.

I also find it impossible to believe that any broker would allow you to rack up $8 million in negative losses, or 8x your account equity, without closing out your position.

#52     Jan 1, 2006
  3. You were never "trading" but instead you were gambling.

You kept shorting and "doubling down" into a raging bull market.....and when the market finally collapsed, you stopped shorting and started "trying to pick bottoms"!!!!!

All you did was buck the trend. I'm surprised it took so long for you to get wiped out.

Best of luck this time around.

#53     Jan 1, 2006
  4. Urkel

Urkel

THERE IT IS!!!!! THAT IS WHAT MY NYE HUNGOVER ASS WAS TRYING TO CONVEY I GOT FROM THIS STORY.

#54     Jan 1, 2006

5. It's obvious you're seeking for attention....

But either way, you're a total moron.

You're a moron for making up such a stupid story.

But....

You'd be a bigger fucking moron if that's what really happened to your account.

:eek:

#55     Jan 1, 2006
  6. Star

Star

acesup>coolweb>-rubberbird :D

#56     Jan 2, 2006
  7. hey I got a new idea for a cartoon on tv

lets call it the ET funnies ...

every week a different story
    and all the characters always
    berating each other when not
    smashing their keyboards trading
    online or in prop shops

:p

#57     Jan 2, 2006
  8. This started as one of the more interesting threads that I have read here in a while(true story or not). But the dumbasses who came had their egos (or need for attention or whatnot) going and forgot where the hell they were at. It must be a combination of lack of self-esteem and low intellegence to see that you are behind a f*cking computer and insulting someone who you will never know. Worst of it, you never "see" their reaction...so what's the point. But nonetheless, they will continue ruining such threads and predictably pull me into their insulting games.

FORUMS= opinions and disscussions. Not raging flamers with comebacks from the elementary schoolyard.

RT

#58     Jan 3, 2006
  9. mhashe

mhashe

This sounds like Dan Zanger storyline in Traders Monthly last year.

--------

In 1989, Zanger took a course from Bill O'Neil and would spend three hours on weekdays and 15 hours on weekends looking for chart patterns in his chart books; he still applies O'Neil's signature "Canslim" formula to this day.

In the early '90s, he had correctly identified rallies but got killed on corrections. By 1996, he had learned to recognize market tops; he accurately spotted a bearish reversal in the oil index in 1997, which he calls the turning point in his trading career. Taking what was left of his trading capital -- all of $10,775 -- he made $18 million in 18 months. In under two years, this stake had grown to an incredible $42 million.

-----------

If you did it once, you can do it again.

#59     Jan 3, 2006
  10. mhashe

mhashe

This is interesting. Was reading about Baldwin on another thread. Failed business ventures outside of trading seems to be a consistent phenemenon amongst traders who make a lots of $ trading.

Btw acesup, good luck on your new quest. Maybe start a journal so we can follow your progress?

#60     Jan 3, 2006