NASA Awards Houston Space Firm $47 Million Moon Drilling Contract

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Banjo, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Banjo

Banjo

2. mlawson71

mlawson71

They are going to mine for ice? Why ice?

3. Overnight

Overnight

More likely they will be looking for organic life in the ice. The holy grail for science debunking pretty much every major religion that exists.

4. mlawson71

mlawson71

Well, time will tell whether they'd find anything.

5. Amun Ra

Amun Ra

I'm assuming because they can extract hydrogen for fuel and oxygen for air.

6. Amun Ra

Amun Ra

How does it do that? I'm not making the connection. Is there a bible, torah, koran or vedas(hindu texts) verse that says there is no life outside of our planet?

7. Overnight

Overnight

Yep. All of them. Read them.

8. Amun Ra

Amun Ra

Ok I read them. There is a specific passage in all of them that says there is life outside of our planet. Do you want proof?

9. Overnight

Overnight

Yes.

But before you provide proof, heed the warning from Douglas Adams...

“The Babel fish is small, yellow and leech-like, and probably the oddest thing in the Universe. It feeds on brainwave energy received not from its own carrier but from those around it. It absorbs all unconscious mental frequencies from this brainwave energy to nourish itself with. It then excretes into the mind of its carrier a telepathic matrix formed by combining the conscious thought frequencies with the nerve signals picked up from the speech centres of the brain which has supplied them.

The practical upshot of all this is that if you stick a Babel fish in your ear you can instantly understand anything said to you in any form of language. The speech patterns you actually hear decode the brainwave matrix which has been fed into your mind by your Babel fish.

Now it is such a bizarrely improbable coincidence that anything so mindbogglingly useful could have evolved purely by chance that some thinkers have chosen it to see it as a final and clinching proof of the non-existence of God.

The argument goes something like this: "I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."

"But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED."

"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic..."

10. Amun Ra

Amun Ra

Then read them.

(See what I did there? Instead of giving you any sort of proof, I send you to read through 1000s of pages of text, just like you tried to do when attempting to prove your claim)

#10     Oct 28, 2020