New Forum Suggestion

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Ricter, Oct 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ricter

Ricter

Hi Baron. My suggestion is to rename Politics to Covid19 (or possibly Pandemic), and create a new Politics forum. Thank you!

Wallet and CaptainObvious like this.
  2. I suggest we name it Virual Immunology for Dummies.

Ricter likes this.
  3. Overnight

Overnight

The COVID issue is as much a political issue as it is a Heath and Fitness issue, but all the COVID posts gravitate to mostly the politics section. Why? Because people are so highly charged about their beliefs in it, and Politics is really the only place you can let slip the dogs of war in language to make a point.

I feel a COVID-specific forum would lead to a lot of cross-postings, so more work for the mods. That's my take on it.

Ricter likes this.
  4. Wallet

Wallet

Just move the Covid threads to Heath and Fitness.

5. Overnight

Overnight

As I mentioned, most of the COVID threads are based in politics, thus the language generally used in those discussions, and not based in health. And the language used there would not be befitting amongst talk about 19% bodyfat and delicious booty.

6. Wallet

Wallet

Maybe give GWB his own forum and let Baron charge him.

Tsing Tao likes this.
  7. Baron

Baron ET Founder

The problem is that Covid straddles the fence of both forums. If we're talking about vaccination efficacy, or the scientific differences from one vaccine to another, then those are primarily health topics, and we already have a forum for that. If we're talking about mandating vaccines to travel, or to eat or work in certain establishments, then those are clearly political topics.

Wallet likes this.
  8. Wallet

Wallet

There’s times when everything gets drown by the onslaught of Covid threads.

It will pass.

Thanks Baron for allowing and putting up with the P&R forums.

9. IF Covid-19 does not go away quickly (so far it has not), these threads will be here for a long time. Just my guess.

10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Or just give GWB his own forum and let him post all day for his own benefit. The politics forum will return to normal.

#10     Oct 25, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.