No IB Server Down thread as of 15:04:36.859 EDT

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Quah, Aug 23, 2005.

1. GTC

GTC

Given the fact the customer services people of IB are often cold, rude and impolite, I cannot blame a poster for posting their IB down issues while trying to resolve it with the broker itself.

#11     Aug 23, 2005
  2. Quah

Quah

Really? How does that help resolve the problem?

#12     Aug 23, 2005
  3. Babak

Babak

I did have problems actually with TWS installed and started a ticket. I think it was just my computer acting up but we'll see.

#13     Aug 23, 2005
  4. nassau

nassau

Sir, I agree as I would hope others would that unfair or false stateements are unethical.
    with reference to your statement would you be so kind to as to clarify the following.
    you state 99% of the thread is about IB, the broker is not really down, and that the trader doesn't even attempt to fix the problem with the broker. Please tell me/us on what information or data did you base that statement, especially if you are not an IB client nor do you work for them, as you state.
    I can tell you personally I have had problems with IB, support, upgrades or execution problems, there have been occassions where the web pg says all is fine to the contrary.

I don't think or would hate to think that some one is specifically being malace to IB, but if one has a problem I am glad others warn of a possible situation. Don't know about most traders but I have several million in trading funds and am a very small fish. I appreciate all help or suggestions. Reporting of a problem, small or large may help others while the reportings problem is being addressed either by IB or perhaps an other trader who was able to rectify the situation on their own.
    I have on going problems with IB and other brokers daily. Its par for our business.
    If one of the members does not like the thread then they should ommit it but to have the thread deleted also is not fair as it would be very hard to believe that all or most of the posters were / are liars...

#14     Aug 24, 2005
  5. Quah

Quah

I never said that anyone was lying.

For example, a thread title says:

"IB Server Down Again @ 15:01!!"

Is that true or false, or a lie? If 3 other people post that their connection to IB is working - well, then surely the title is NOT a true statement.

Now, if the title said:

"My connection to IB is not working @ 15:01"

That we'd have to take as a true statement. But, at that point, so what? Could be 1 of 1000 things that are causing that user to have that problem.

#15     Aug 24, 2005
  6. BSAM

BSAM

My connection to IB is working @ 11:57:12.314.:cool:

#16     Aug 24, 2005
  7. How the hell do you know this? You don't...

You are just one of those people who so much like to ridicule others. How about starting a more transparent thread: I am such a great guy because I have never had any problem in my life and everybody else is a dimwit...

Now go back to trading your one YM contract in your spare time. You don't need any reliable connection for this, so no wonder you cannot understand those who need it.

#17     Aug 24, 2005
  8. Quah

Quah

Because the thread usually gives that information - one or more people say "I'm not having a problem" - and most of the time the original poster says they didn't contact the broker for assistance.

#18     Aug 24, 2005