No real reason why Donaldson quit?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by wilburbear, Jun 2, 2005.

1. I've only heard he "wanted to spend more time with his family". Anyone heard a better idea?

2. Htrader

Htrader Guest

The administration push him out, as evidenced by the fact that his replacement was announced the very next day. Donaldson is barely going to have enough time to pack his stuff.

3. He turned 74 today. I can see why he wants to spend more time with his family. I certainly wouldn't want to spend my retirement dealing with politicians

4. only 74 years young?

rich people do not die early.

a rich smoker can most likely out live a poor non smoker. go figure.

he'll live till 94... easy.

5. bdon

bdon

The guy is 74 and has made a bazillion bucks in his lifetime. Ever hear of DLJ? I heard he had something to do with them.

If I were him I would have never taken this thankless position in the first place.

6. Yes. Also, pol's like to spread these high profile jobs around, give more people a shot at them. Being chairman of the SEC guarantees you a big multimillion buck job down the road. Chris Cox is a guy the Republicans like and I guess they felt it was his turn.

7. ktm

ktm

It didn't help that Donaldson was almost constantly siding with the Dems on key issues, especially on close votes.

8. ======================

Wilburbear;

Figure it must be rough/tuff for a private sector prince who made plenty of money and probably had almost as much freedom as home office/remote trader.

KTM mentioned the politics, that could have something to do with it.
    That R-D bill that passed years ago ,Sarbanes- Oxly;
    Investors Business Daily didnt care too much for more of that gov paperwork and & many other business men/women didnt either.Maybe they will get rid of it.

Probably mostly first paragraph.:cool: