Not making enough money in trading -----> Looking for a job>>PLEASE HELP!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Iwilldoit, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Hello,

I have been trading full time for the past three years, recently have been profitable, but of course the earnings from trading are not sufficient to sustain myself.

Therefore I am exploring what would be a suitable job to earn a regular salary, whilst also allowing me to continue trading as a side hobby (which most of you on here treat it as).

About me:

My concerns:
    1. I need a job that pays fairly well (Not necessarily $100K
    2. I need a job that doesnt take over my life---> I get to go home at 17h00, and have my weekends (to hopefully spend on my trading hobby)
    3. Should be white collar.....office job, but I will entertain certain businesses.

Thank you so much for helping me out guys...

This is a serious thread, please no dumb recommendations please.

@Handle123 @Redneck
    @NoDoji @Buy1Sell2 @aquarian1
    @Gueco @pak @slugar @zbestoch @dratsum @userque
    @Max E. Pad @wrbtrader @marsman
    @Switchgear67 @rmorse @NoVoodooHere @Dinosaur_Supervisor @aquarian1 @nakachalet @Bob Rose @DDR @BlazeTrader
    @wrbtrader @ZenMusic
    @lajax @Buy1Sell2 @Danny_Ocean @kp @amitman @theapprentice @dbphoenix
    @Wallace @Marco Picos @RadarGuy

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  2. Be an online Guru -- or make crazy Youtube videos. -- create a following somehow, and be an internet celebrity -- just like those girls who give makeup tips
    [​IMG]
    :cool::rolleyes:

3. Can you be SERIOUS PLEASE???

4. ...I am. o_O;)
    I know it may seem silly, but it's an option. -- all of those web stars, started out as nothing like you. (no offense)

All you need is a camera...and start talking away...at your given topic of choice. --
    alot of people on youtube have a huge following and views and ad revenues.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  5. OptionGuru

OptionGuru

IMO ....... A trade would be better than a white collar type of job, like an Electrician. After a 4-year apprenticeship you get your ticket and can work almost anywhere. It's important to have something you can fall back on if the trading doesn't work out.

:)

Iwilldoit likes this.
  6. @OptionGuru

Thank you for taking the time to provide your opinion.

You sure that is a wise idea, given I have spent four years doing a business degree and one year gaining experience as an accountant?

7. OptionGuru

OptionGuru

• What's the employment situation like in your chosen profession?
    • Does the school have some sort of job placement program?

• You are almost guaranteed employment in some sort of trade.
    • The pay is good and you are paid as you learn.
    • Taking a pre-apprenticeship course isn't necessary but it helps at first to get hired.
    • If you are persistent you could get hired as a 1-year apprentice without a pre-apprenticeship course.
    • The above applies to Western Canada, maybe in Eastern Canada as well - I see you are from Ontario.

8. fan27

fan27

The accounting field is a good one! Go with what you know!!

9. OptionGuru

OptionGuru

The OP appears to be having seconds thoughts about accounting.

#10     Jul 23, 2016