NYSE imbalance on close

Discussion in 'Trading' started by bloomberg1, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Does anyone use this feature that NYSE offers?

I understand it could be very expensive but there's some view-only or something that's reasonably priced, I also understand it's no guarantee if it's in balance but I want to check it against some other things I look at thanks for any feedback

2. DevBru

DevBru

What do you intend to do? Trade the market impact of the imbalance or buy/sell MOC to create less imbalance?

3. No, I intend on learning what the imbalance is first, if anyone uses the services, the actual cost, and then study if it has any impact on my trades if at all.

Do you use this or know of the information the NYSE puts out to the public, cost etc?

4. bloomberg1 likes this.
  5. qlai

qlai

IB has imbalances, including via API, but I'm not sure it's unusable. It's kinda scary using suspect data because it can lead you to the wrong conclusions - either towards bad strategy or away from good one. At least it's cheap enough to try.

6. I recall a means to view imbalance for entire NYSE , ..need to pay for it I thought..

7. qlai

qlai

Yes, but I don't know if you can get historical imbalance data though. Also, has to be retrieved symbol by symbol I believe. Not sure how TWS manages to get all of it(I assume it does). Maybe someone can comment.

bloomberg1 likes this.