NYSE TICK Index

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Lobster, Oct 4, 2003.

1. Let's assume you have two independent data feeds and get realtime quotes and charts for anything your heart desires, except the NYSE TICK. What would be the cheapest way to get charts for this index (that are not 20 minutes delayed)? Will I really have to subscribe to another data feed just to get this seemingly exotic little index? If so, any recommendations?

2. Let me just say first that I wouldn't call the tick index an "exotic little index". This index has been around for over 30 years on nearly every quote system I have seen. So if your data feeds don't have it...I would consider replacing them.

That said, the tick index is a standard feature for quote.com...and they have a basic charge of $12 a month.

OldTrader

3. First thing to do is make sure your existing feeds don't have the TICK. They might be calling it something that you're not recognizing. I thought all the most widely used feeds all have TICK under one name or another (just might not be called TICK)?

4. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

In case it's of interest, here are the TICK symbols for eSignal:

$TICK NYSE Cumulative Tick
    $TICKQ NASDAQ Cumulative Tick
    $TICKI Dow Jones Industrial Tick

For all other symbols, please see the eSignal Symbols Guide.

If you're not a customer yet, you might want to take a look at both eSignal and MarketCenter.

Thanks.