Oanda just another bucket shop

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by MickMason, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Rocko1

Rocko1

Isn't it common knowledge that most FX brokers trade against us, therefore they'd take action against "winning strategies"?
    Besides Oanda I know InterbankFX bans news traders and secretly labels them as "scalpers".
    I'm sure it isn't simply an issue with variable spread.
    Does anyone have a sensible solution to these broker side issues besides stop trading spot FX?

#11     Apr 8, 2007
  2. ssss

ssss

Isn't it common knowledge that most FX brokers trade against us

Is not . Author observation all.This ,which claimed to be pure agency MBT ,systemticaly shut down quotation in time of great volatility .

If author of this message is false ,please inform

Your respectfully

#12     Apr 8, 2007
  3. Rocko1

Rocko1

#13     Apr 8, 2007
  4. RL8093

RL8093

Very interesting reading. I especially enjoyed the post from David (iirc). Oanda would not let him exit his trade (via phone) since the issue was not on their end. He had to change IP addresses, etc to regain access ...

Is this something unique w/ Forex brokers that you are not allowed to trade via phone? Hard to imagine trading w/ any broker where you can't have a backup exit strategy... :eek:

#14     Apr 8, 2007
  5. oanda 200pips spread on cable; non-farm 2/2/07

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z-ixPr8eJgM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z-ixPr8eJgM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

#15     Apr 8, 2007
  6. dhpar

dhpar

does anybody knows who allows you to trade more exotic pairs like EURHUF, EURCZK, USDTRL, USDMXN etc. These you can't trade on Globex <i>easy</i>. Is there a good broker for exotic fx spot?
    Oanda offers some which is the main reason I stay with them but I would be happy to move...
    Thanks a lot

#16     Apr 8, 2007
  7. Being a Bank Holiday I could understand if it was just Friday's NFP but it's not, it's every NFP!

I posted this on another forum, it about sums things up I think.

#17     Apr 9, 2007
  8. Fohat

Fohat

Brokers that use the Saxobank fx trading plarform(under the White label partnership), will offer more exotic pairs, such as Tradefreedom FX , I'm not sure how good are they for newstrading, scalping etc.

#18     Apr 9, 2007
  9. dhpar

dhpar

Thanks Fohat,

I am aware of Saxobank. The problem is that they are even worse than Oanda (in terms of spreads).
    I will check tradefreedom - that looks interesting....
    Cheers

#19     Apr 9, 2007
  10. misha7

misha7

Anyone who is "shocked" at the wide spreads after the off-expectations NFP release on a holiday depleted Friday should seriously consider trading some other market... I don't care what Oanda does or does not, but the REAL bucket shop is the one the DOESN'T widen the spread or slip the orders. Why anyone expects the dealer to eat the loss while they make their easy cash is still a mystery to me.

#20     Apr 9, 2007