OANDA shutting down on news

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by trade2live, Dec 1, 2010.

1. #51     Jan 7, 2011
  2. TRS

TRS

Wallace, I wasn't implying you were some newb to the trading game.
    Just that OANDA is touted as the best FX shop out there... the issue you raise doesn't sound like best practice to me, if proven true.

You can expend your time and energy with your perceived issue with OANDA or vote with your feet and your capital.

#52     Jan 7, 2011
  3. cvds16

cvds16

well, they are the best 'under normal circumstances', it seems to be not just when NFP is out ... gonna have to adjust my strategy a bit for that one ...

#53     Jan 8, 2011
  4. TRS

TRS

Review you gave OANDA was correct. Best of the shops.

FX Futures aren't perfect, but in my opinion they leave the shops far behind.
    Keep a shop for hedging.

#54     Jan 8, 2011
  5. This is not an issue of spot vs. futures. Neither IB nor MBT flinched during NFP. This is an issue of business model, aka. bucket vs. ECN and that bucketshops are really not suitable to scalping and trading news.

#55     Jan 8, 2011
  6. TRS

TRS

I say this without a hint of sarcasm, well done to IB & MBT for trading as one would expect.

#56     Jan 8, 2011
  7. "perceived issue" ? ? ?

TRS, your comments really are short sighted

whether or not I wanted to trade I was prevented from doing so by Oanda
    with whom I have a trading account

so far as I know based on no posts of any other brokers doing the same, Oanda is
    the only broker repeatedly disconnecting clients' FXTrade accounts

'walking away' is NOT the answer to what Oanda is doing

#57     Jan 8, 2011
  8. TRS

TRS

Mate, I'd say my vision is 20/20. I wasn't the one who was shafted.

#58     Jan 8, 2011
  9. TRS, the 'short sighted' was not to do with you choosing futures over fx, rather the
    manner of dealing with Oanda's disconnects
    besides which they have more of my money than I do of theirs !

#59     Jan 10, 2011
  10. TRS

TRS

The manner in which I would deal with these disconnects would be to transfer my capital thus my trading to the futures market.

If they have more of your money than you do of "theirs" I would suggest concentrating on your trading to be your priority.

#60     Jan 15, 2011