OANDA's 15 pip cable spread

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by notouch, Jul 10, 2006.

1. StreamlineTrade

StreamlineTrade Guest

This will only be for a second or two.

I never could understand why someone would want to trade at a bucket shop.

I mean, its just not good business sense is it?

#11     Jul 24, 2006
  2. sccz97

sccz97

I'm afraid I'll have to disagree and can provide tick data for you. There are plenty of reasons to trade either futures via exchange and spot through a bucketshop. Of course it depends on your trading style and strategy but why ppl can't comprehend the benefits of trading with both is beyond me

#12     Jul 24, 2006
  3. If you insist on trading cash FX thru bucketshops, you deserve to be raped, hit on the head with a shovel and left in a shallow grave. Bucket shops like Oanda exist for retail customers who are net losers in the game of speculation. If you want to trade FX, trade a regulated free market like the CME's futures contracts. Do you think professional traders are using Oanda? Come on. :confused:

#13     Jul 24, 2006
  4. sccz97

sccz97

so the traders who are consistently making money trading spot fx are just lucky?

#14     Jul 24, 2006
  5. hardly, but they aren't doing it through a bucket shop, they are professionals, trading interbank.

#15     Jul 24, 2006
  6. sccz97

sccz97

Good to know you can make such a bold assumption

#16     Jul 24, 2006
  7. Oh ok, sorry. Lots of hacks trading 5K accounts on Oanda are making a great living. I'm sure they are just knocking it out of the park. That is one assumption I can make confidently.

#17     Jul 24, 2006
  8. sccz97

sccz97

I can't say that I have any information to the contrary but I would have thought that the % of traders at places like oanda trading at more than 1m a clip is very small indeed.

#18     Jul 24, 2006
  9. The people playing 5k accounts probably have a job and are learning how to trade in the school of hard knocks! nothing wrong with that.

To be honest I'm getting tired of these "OMG OANDA increased the spead" threads...

LOL RTFM NOOBS

#19     Jul 24, 2006
  10. yeah there is, you will never, repeat never, be succesful starting out with 5K.

#20     Jul 24, 2006