Obama taxes the young people that helped get him in to office...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mvic, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Mvic

Mvic

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-jon-lapook/my-interview-with-preside_b_236691.html

"I've been persuaded that there are enough young uninsured people who are cheap to cover, but are opting out. To make sure that those folks are part of the overall pool is the best way to make sure that all of our premiums go down."

How many of these young people make over $250K? How is this not a new tax that they now have to shoulder?

2. Same thing happened when The Feds raised cigarette taxes in April. Oddly enough 'loose' tobacco (for those that roll their own) had the highest increase in taxation (2300% - not a typo) The vast majority of RYO tobacco users make far less than $250,000 a year.

Nobody seemed to mind then because, after all, the Feds taxed those evil smokers ....

They came for the smokers, but I said nothing, as I did not smoke.
    They came for the beer drinkers, but I said nothing, as I did not drink.
    They came for me, and their was nobody left to speak up.

- Spydertrader

3. fhl

fhl

The young people that put him in office are the ones that are gonna get stuck with the ten trillion in debt he's planning on running up. I guess that's at least some justice.

But then they're thinking that they're part of the group that'll never pay fed inc taxes. Obama promised. lol