Offshore Incorporation

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Aaron Scolfild, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Hi everyone, i'm looking someone like an agent or a company, who specializes in forming an offshore company and accounts, i would appreciate if someone can either give some some solution or recommend someone, thanks.

2. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

For Bermuda, I can send you a PM with the contact information for the Business Development Manager at the Bermuda Business Development Agency (BDA).

He can introduce you to the right people that do business down there. Is that what you want?

3. Saber

Saber

Forget about offshore. Offshore is dead, the only why you can make tax savings is moving to a tax friendly country.

4. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

I assume he wants to start a fund for offshore investors. He does not need to move.

5. I am also looking into this. I am looking to start an incubator fund to document my track record and minimize my tax hit. Eventually I want to easily transition to a fund structure that is attractive to onshore and offshore investors. So far I have only found the "green trader tax" guys (google it, not endorsing) to be serious at first blush and a few conversations. All the other real guys are 5 times as expensive.

Does anyone know of anyone like the greentradertax guys who can do all this for under 50k first year?

6. yes sir, that would be great, and im not looking to move, i'm looking to start a fund for offshore investors, but it seems like offshore banks doesn't like this business, and a lot of questions came up so...

7. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

May I ask where you live?

8. I live in US.

9. oversea

oversea

Aaron,
    It sounds like you've begun to find out what it's like trying to do business with 'offshore' banks as a US Citizen/Resident. It's not the type of business that the banks are balking at, its the nationality and locale (i.e. the US) of the director of the entity (or potential entity, as it doesn't sound that you've formed one yet) that is the source of their reluctance.

I don't have experience setting up an offshore fund, per se, but I do have experience with forming a foreign entity as a holding company and subsequently with the offshore banking component, as a (reporting) US tax person. Please free to contact me if you think that would be helpful.

And please do update with the progress you make. I'm presently a bit overwhelmed between the actual trading and managing the other moving parts of this business, but I imagine that in the next 6 months or so I'll likely be looking at setting up an incubator fund myself. So I'd be very interested to hear how it goes.

10. luisHK

luisHK

I suspect it's even more difficult when it comes to US citizens but ime, even when it involves individuals unrelated to the US, over the last few years banks in many countries have become more and more reluctant to open accounts to offshore entities, or even to local entities run by non residents. And when they open it, their compliance departments come with questions unheard off a few years earlier.
    That doesn't mean it's impossible but it definitely got harder.

#10     Mar 15, 2016