Offshore regulation related

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by Aaron Scolfild, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Hi, i've got another question.

There's a brokerage acct that is available to trade, and the second account with another broker. So i put an order on the bid from first broker, and from the second broker i take that order and i put it on the ask and execute it from the first, so then the first broker goes to minus and money goes to the second, of course that got to be a specific stock or ECN or market hours or Pre and or Post market, doesn't matter, but say it's possible...
    so by the time there's a lot of executions through those specific stocks and ECN.
    So, is this operation or activity is regulated with someone? is that's against the law? if yes how is it called? The broker is based in offshore. Thanks guys)

2. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

It is not legal to trade with yourself on purpose. Why would you want to do this anyway? What is the benefit.

3. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

I believe it's called a wash trade. Done at the same firm, a self-trade. See attached.

4. How about if the other broker and acct is from Canada? and different clearing, same? thanks for attachment

5. arna

arna

yes it is illegal. Wash Trade - google it.

6. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

The regulation comes from USA regulators. If your transaction are on the exchanges they regulate, you are bound to these rules. It does not matter where the order is sent from.