OK, so can we all FINALLY agree that the 2022 lows are behind us?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by SoyUnGanador, Jul 28, 2022.

1. Any bears still holding onto "more lows coming!!!"?

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. %%
    MAY know something by May\oops well it went down from May\
    may know something by OCT\nickname = bear killer:caution::caution:

3. I was going to mock ROKU YESTERDAY as being in a biz with ZERO upside

glad I didnt. giving out too much gold lately

4. TheDawn

TheDawn

No don't think we are out of the woods yet. Don't think Fed is done hiking up rates. The inflation is still high. This is just the receding of the waves before a major tsunami. A tsunami IS coming!

murray t turtle and NoahA like this.
  5. IMO it depends on the situation in Ukraine (whether it escalates further or the conflict gets frozen), and whether the West finally respects Russia and its power (pun intended :D), and of course the US-China relations...

The recent grain deal btw. Russia, Ukraine, UN, and Turkey was going in the right direction, not only for the markets...

IMO the next market stabilizing step would be opening the Nord Stream 2 pipeline, and the EU signing a long term gas supply deal with Russia... and of course scrapping the idiotic & sado-masochistic sanctions...

Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
    Grantx likes this.
  6. IMO all that matters is: is there a better place to put money than stocks.

When the answer is yes, market goes down. When the answer is no, market goes up. When the answer is "I don't know" the market goes down.

Dollar cost average and enjoy fucking your wife, no need to worry about this.

dickey7 and Nobert like this.
  7. SunTrader

SunTrader

$SPX is a snatch hair away from a 38.2% retracement of drop from ATH. Actually 17.66 pts higher it needs to go.

Then I'd say it needs to clear 50% retracement before bear is likely done, so no - "more lows coming" is still in play.

8. %%
    The bear rally\ROKU\ran down from the top of its rickshaw\LOL.
    Looked like it may bear rally above its 50dma \
    unless your charts have post market data\LOL:D:DRickshaws run over it + stomped it down:caution::caution:

9. TheDawn

TheDawn

Unless it's an all-out nuclear war that destroys the entire earth, I find geopolitical events don't have much impact on financial markets. They might make some ripples here and there on the market but they rarely have any long and lasting impact on the market. The biggest thing that's going to decide the direction of the market imo is how well Biden can mobilize people to work and work hard and how well he can control the energy prices to keep the inflation down. Those would be the key in deciding which direction the market is going.

10. TheDawn

TheDawn

Well you know what most people do when they see the market going down, they sell their stocks or redeem their mutual fund units and keep them in term deposits now that the interest rate on them is above 0. So in terms of alternatives to stocks, I think right now with the interest rate being so high, it would be the term deposit, it's guaranteed return with (almost) no risk.

#10     Jul 28, 2022
    nooby_mcnoob and murray t turtle like this.