Old news ? -McDonald’s Says It’s Exiting Russia After More Than 30 Years

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by countryBoy641, Sep 3, 2022.

1. Nobert

Nobert

2. I had debated on possibly purchasing some Mac shares over a year ago. But... seeing as this isn't good for the company, and I don't think will be recoverable... I'll just pass on. I already got burned with Netflix when I thought they'd survive the Russian invasion thing with only minor issues, that didn't work out so well.

3. Here's the customer experience at the new replacement for McDonalds.

Looks as if the designated new hamburger chain is designed mostly by Russian legal minds:
    Attempts by MCD corporate to recover "Intellectual Property" (logos, trademarks, etc) are likely to be unsuccessful.
    In these kinds of situations, the most important thing is to determine who is in the driver's seat (who has the edge).
    I don't think most people in the U.S. understand the seriousness.
    Too many decades of Washington career politicians telling us they can fix it.
    $30Trillion later (the National Debt), what have they fixed ??

4. "Oh God, it's Americano. Evil America is here!"
    :D

Glad to know that even the Rooskies know who the true villains in this world still are.

5. SunTrader

SunTrader

Seriously?

Netflix has a subscriber growth issue, not a Ukraine issue.

Also MickeyD's will do just fine without Russia. And Russians would be better off not eating BigCrap's anyway although maybe not if the alternative is a crappier BigCrap.

Overnight likes this.
  6. GotherL

GotherL

Why do think a company as established as Mc'donalds will not recover from that news? (Almost half a year ago.)

Making statements like this when the chart has already proven them otherwise is beyond me.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2022
  7. Propaganda campaigns. Too much revenue at steak to allow a compedator to enter and capture the market.

Akuma,

P.S. Waiting for the next fad to hot the global market Hopefully the next time the Spin masters will create something useful and tangible.

8. terr

terr

Wow

9. ......still present....in Russia....MCD..... Google it....

#10     Oct 9, 2022