O'Leary on the Bullshit of Biden's school debt bailout

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by The_Krakenite, Sep 1, 2022.

1. I'm usually the #1 opponent vs O'Leary, but I have to sadly confess that for the first time, he's dead right on something.

When even I am on the side of O'Leary, that is pretty telling...

2. He's just sputtering, not even communicating effectively. Not that I blame him; it's an idea so monumentally stupid that you just feel like screaming "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU MORONS? HAVE YOUR BRAINS BEEN AMPUTATED???" I usually avoid politics, but... Jesus fucking Christ on a pogo stick, this is the crudest sort of voter bribery I've seen in ages.

athlonmank8 likes this.
  3. SunTrader

SunTrader

Next thing ya know they will be bailing out the TBTF banks. Oh wait. Been there, done that. Twice!

Seems what's good for Jamie Dimon is good for Joe Sixpack. Make that Joe MicroBrew hehe.

Cuddles likes this.
  4. gkishot

gkishot

If we don't bail out college students we will have a work force crisis. Once? Twice? Three, four times? For life?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
  5. That makes no sense.

I guess we have to bail out credit-card debt too?

6. We already have one. And they're not "bailing" anyone out - they're stealing money from those who are working and earning to pay for those who are too incompetent to do so (and thus pay off the loans) on their own. They're also rewarding the schools for overcharging for education, and incentivizing them to overcharge even more. They're also incentivizing more idiots who should never go for higher education to take out loans, since there's no (or less) risk in doing so.

7. gkishot

gkishot

I was sarcastic. One can't compare one bailout to another. We were facing crisis back then. What crisis will we be facing if the nation does not pay off student loans? Besides one bail out creates a precedent and eventually will lead to a subsidized by taxpayers education.

Clubber Lang likes this.
  8. Um... some "educatered" fluffy bunnies might get mad and post about it on social media?

[sarcasm]Oh, NOES! How will we survive???[/sarcasm]

Assuming it doesn't directly and obviously result in a Watergate moment, that is...

9. SunTrader

SunTrader

The previous crisis, there's always another and another, was the TBTF bails facked themselves up but they still got bailed out (well all but Lehman). Talk about a precedent which many are applying to Student Loans, the TBTF banks only got bigger and no doubt will be bailed out again at some future point. They are on the clock.

10. gkishot

gkishot

What is your point? Student loans are bad? Should student always pay for education upfront?

#10     Sep 1, 2022