OneUp Trader 90 Day Probation Rules?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by LCK2000, Dec 28, 2020.

1. LCK2000

LCK2000

Looking to hear from OneUp Trader funded traders (and not start an argument over whether programs are scams/etc, there's plenty of other threads if that's your thing).

I already read thru this thread discussing OneUp, but a lot of the info is old at this point:
    https://elitetrader.com/et/threads/review-of-one-up-trader.312133/page-35

So I haven't been able to find what sort of 90 day probation rules they really put on new traders. Sounds like its a "may be imposed" not necessarily "will be imposed".

https://help.oneuptrader.com/help/funded-trader-rules (last bullet point)

I read in the older thread a rule about having to have a positive account balance after 15 days and every 15 days after that. Doesn't sound horrible, sure I don't love the idea of additional rules after you pass and them not really being clear, but as far as rules go it's not pure insanity. I don't even know if that even still is a rule.

All that said, any funded OneUp traders have the info?

2. DevBru

DevBru

LCK2000 likes this.
  3. Turveyd

Turveyd

Don't like the $100 Balance Reset myself, not too bad on the 250K for $650 but nasty on the 25K for $125, I presume no free monthy reset like Earn2Trade :(

Tis where they get you, atleast TST is free monthly reset with your subscription.

4. LCK2000

LCK2000

@DevBru thanks! Exactly what I was looking for. Much appreciated.

Question on rule #5 the 50% trade volume - do they let you know a hard number this needs to be, or is it up to you to figure it out? It would suck for sure to get an email saying "oh btw you broke a rule, you only traded 23 contracts this week when you had to trade 24, account closed".

5. Overnight

Overnight

Wow. So once funded, you're not allowed to take a one-week vacation. I won't even mention all the other bits. That's messed up, man.

DiceAreCast and TrailerParkTed like this.
  6. Turveyd

Turveyd

Just don't trade that hard during the test, E2T 30% profit 1 day rule, so don't make over $550 on the 25K account in any day or your profit goes up to (best day)*3.3333.

7. Turveyd

Turveyd

E2T is 5 days unscheduled, okay log on, hit buy, count to 3, hit close on 1 of those days and your sorted, but still, having a book a holiday doesn't sound great to me.

Set a limit order I guess, 1 MNQ 200pts above and 200pts below, GTC, with a SL of 5pts and a TP of 5pts as long as that hits within the 5 days your fine :)

8. DevBru

DevBru

Of course you can, just let them know.

The rule is there so funded traders actually do trade when funded and not just sit on their hands all the time.

9. DevBru

DevBru

It is not a hard rule so you will not lose the account if you trade 23 contracts while the 50% rule would actually mean 24 trades.

However if you want to know more specifically i suggest you ask them directly, they probably have some kind of guide lines on how they actually use this rule for funded traders.

LCK2000 likes this.