Options for S&P500 index denominated in EUR or GBP

Discussion in 'Options' started by Lucas_Paul, Jun 4, 2022.

1. hey all,

Do you guys know where i could trade options of S&P500 index but denominated in foreign currency not in US dollar? Such as EUR or GBP.

Thanks a lot.

2. ZBZB

ZBZB

Get an account at interactive brokers and it does not matter as their account is multi currency. You will get a debit or credit in usd that you can change back to your base currency at the best interbank rate from 18 banks for $2.50 commision.

3. Thanks for your reply but this wasn't what i was asking. I'm aware of the multicurrency and IB brokerage. I would just like to compare something that's why i'm interested in options in particular.

4. qwerty11

qwerty11

Yes, reasonably that would be possible (given the broad landscape of products nowadays).

Just checking with you: it must be an INDEX? If you can trade EUR/GBP options on a future or EFT it's not good?

Thanks in advance. I will look up for you after you clarify...

5. Thanks for your reply. Yes, i'm looking for cross currency options trading too. Such as eurgbp or gbpjpy or any other cross pair no usd pair. Those i have from cme.

but would like to find spx/eur options, so to speak :)

6. ffs1001

ffs1001

I'm curious about this request.

Why would you want to see SPX options priced in Euros when the underlying is based on $?

So, if the 4050 strike is priced at say $35, would like to see how much this is in Euros? If so, then a simple API script, using a currency conversion formula ($1 = 0.93 Euros or whatever), in Excel or python would do the job. There's probably a column in TWS which shows the value of a position in your base currency. And since no market maker in the world is going to quote an SPX option in Euros, I cannot see how you would get live, tradable quotes in any currency other than the $.

7. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I think he’s looking for the index to be struck in euros which will create a correlation structure. this is not the same as converting the premium to euros.

8. hey,

thanks for your reply. Yes, it's not the same as just converting premiums. It would be a different asset and therefore it has its own volatility. That's what i'm looking for. There are UCIS ETF's out there that track S&P500 and are eur denominated but magically i can't find options :)

Do you have any suggestions, Newwurldmn? Thanks for any help.

9. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Perhaps some cfd bucket shop offers them. Otherwise I would only know of an otc quote.

10. can you elaborate that "over the counter" quote?

#10     Jun 5, 2022