OTC markets - Why some brokers like IB blocked ``unsolicited quotes`` stocks ?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by wic2021californiaxp, Oct 5, 2021.

1. I know SEC banned pink no information (now is expert market)

But some brokers like Interactive Brokers also blocked pink current stocks with alert ``Warning! This security is eligible for Unsolicited Quotes Only``

2. Many old stocks come from nasdaq are ``unsolicited quotes only``

3. Yeah, IB has some mistakes where the stock is Pink / Current and should be tradable but is flagged incorrectly and blocked under that dumb new SEC rule. I was told they’re working on it. I know OTC Markets is also changing 50-100 stock classifications every day, so it’s not surprising most brokers are a little behind trying to implement this.

also - this SEC rule sucks!

Eikfe likes this.
  4. Yes, same problem with tradezero.

Etrade is ok

Some brokers like IB refuse opening new positions for pink current stocks with alert ``unsolicited quotes only``.

5. TradeZero_Dan

TradeZero_Dan Sponsor

TradeZero only blocks pink sheet and OTCBB stocks that are NOT DTC eligible. We allow for full trading of all DTC eligible securities that priced $.10 or higher.

6. Eikfe

Eikfe

@def can you elaborate on this issue
    I have OTC stock like PALAF PINK which I cannot buy because it says This contract can only be closed.

Now I have to buy the stock on the ASX market
    How long is this going to take ?

7. Stocks like ATOWW, TRXDW, DNRWW is not tradable anymore - pink current stocks. Price > 0.10 and DTC eligible.

Any stocks with message from otcmarkets.com ``Warning! This security is eligible for Unsolicited Quotes Only``is closing only. Why ? Is just a error ?

8. TradeZero_Dan

TradeZero_Dan Sponsor

These are not eligible due to an update of SEC Rule 15c2-11

On Tuesday, September 28, 2021, new amendments to Rule 15c2-11 under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 go into effect that will impact the market for certain over-the-counter (OTC) securities classified as Pink No Information, Grey Market, and Expert Market OTC securities (collectively, “Impacted OTC Securities”). These amendments restrict the ability of broker-dealers, like TradeZero America, to publish quotations for those companies that have not made required current financial and company information available to regulators and investors. As a result, the changes may restrict, or potentially prohibit, a customer’s ability to execute transactions and/or close current positions in Impacted OTC Securities.

9. yes, but these securities are not pink no information, grey market or expert market.

Stocks like TRXDW, DNRWW are pink current stocks

https://www.otcmarkets.com/stock/DNRWW/overview - PINK CURRENT

10. TradeZero_Dan

TradeZero_Dan Sponsor

Yes but they may be late on their filings which is why they arent quoting

#10     Oct 6, 2021