OTM leap options on silver futures

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by dumb_mother, Mar 24, 2011.

1. if i buy 10 contracts i can sell 8 of them and take delivery on the last 2 or something along those lines as long as it goes up a bit through my strike price (and maybe even gets close to it depending on the time value i have left)

#11     Apr 21, 2011
  2. 1) No. I'm a moving target, not a stationary target.
    2) Thanks again.
    3) ?....They settled at ~64-cents yesterday? That's a lot of "juice". :cool:
    4) If you're really "that bullish" on the market, do debit-spreads instead to make a lot more money on the price rally that you expect. :cool:

#12     Apr 21, 2011
  3. Some people just don't learn their lesson very quickly..

#13     Apr 21, 2011
  4. well i'm bidding for 3 contracts at .70 if you want to sell 'em to me, i'm also bidding 3 contracts of GC dec 12 strike 2950 for 10$. i'm an amateur options trader so if any of you are looking for a victim, those are the bids you need to hit :D

#14     Apr 21, 2011
  5. 1) OMMFG!....You're a "teeny chaser". :p
    2) The $2950 strike-price?.....in gold! I would of thought you'd prefer the $5000 strike-price instead. :cool:
    3) You remind me of somebody.....Are you originally from ~Tennessee and live in the northwest suburbs of Chicago? :confused: :eek:

#15     Apr 21, 2011
  6. na, i'd go for the 5000 strike, but i doubt anyone would sell, i was thinking of leaving a bid in there for a dime for a hundred contracts or so- it actually would suit my purposes much better to get those.

#16     Apr 21, 2011
  7. bought 3x dec 2012 si 100 calls @ 1$ this morning. hopefully someone hits my bid on the 5000 strike dec 12 gold @ 2$ today.

#17     Apr 27, 2011
  8. Petition the CME to list a $200 strike price for silver and a $10,000 strike price for gold. :cool:

#18     Apr 27, 2011
  9. if the OP's thesis works out maybe they can make a movie about him like they did about the hunt brothers (trading places). i vote for gary busey as the main character supported by lenny dykstra.

#19     Apr 28, 2011
  10. you guys are so silly- my thesis is this:

-i want to buy physical silver
    -i don't want to buy it today because the amount i want would be too large of a % of my total portfolio
    -i don't care if silver doubles every 18 months, because my trading profits far exceed that
    -i'll gladly lock in a ceiling of 100% price increase each 18 months until i decide to buy physical silver at a cost of 2% each time

the best case scenario for me is that silver drops from here and my options expire worthless, as that would mean i save tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars on my physical silver purchase, i'll gladly take that in exchange for losing a few percent on this insurance policy

#20     Apr 28, 2011