Out of control kids/ Parents now pay the price

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TIKITRADER, Jul 28, 2011.

1. http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/parenting/the-no-kids-allowed-movement-is-spreading-2516110/

Maybe now this will be a wake up for parents to actually start to discipline their children in public, rather than let them run around completely out of control disrupting everyone... while the parents ignore their child out of fear the kid will throw a bigger fit or someone will call authorities on them for taking action.

For everyone else this is a welcome relief to get some time out without having to tolerate poorly behaved children.

This article does highlight people without children, with money to spend, looking for an environment free of kids... but they wouldn't be bothered by the children if they behaved in the first place.

My kids are older now but when they were younger I never allowed them to go out of control. It was the good way I was raised and carried it over to my family. It is called RESPECT.

Poor Parenting is the bottom line.

2. BSAM

BSAM

TIKI...Please be advised that this word is not allowed in the USA anymore. I'll cut you some slack this time, but next time I will be forced to use the complain button.:D

3. My old lady right now has no problem whatsoever smackin' her kid or dog in public. Love it!

4. LOL... so true !

5. Why have parents become so fearful of taking control of their children in public ?

When I was a child, I can remember anywhere I went children behaved in public or they understood the humiliating consequences for their actions.
    Most kids would walk by the parents side and were well behaved.
    I know for myself if I acted up the back of a hand would come across my head so fast there was no time to react.
    Not one person would ever be critical of actions like that back then. It was how it was. Discipline for unwanted behavior.

Today you could be sitting at a restaurant and a kid will be up and running all around while the parents ignore it.
    What happened to parents being parents ? Kids do not need friends for a mom and dad. They need someone to guide them to be the best person they can.

6. Max E.

Max E.

Instead now they just drag their kids around on a leash. :(

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PtMRddAIHx0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. some people just cannot cope in life :confused:

There is a line to draw between good discipline and child abuse. Children need respect too. Parents need to recognize if they have had a bad day and cannot take it out on their little ones.

8. Max E.

Max E.

My dad would have spanked me, or given me some sort of discipline, and taught me how to behave like a human being, there is no way he would have just thrown in the towel and started dragging me through a mall on a leash like an animal because i wouldnt do what he wanted.

Parents like this are just lazy/crazy, and its sad, because it ruins the kid for life. You really think the kid who was getting dragged through a mall on a leash will be the next bill gates? :D

9. You really think the kid who was getting dragged through a mall on a leash will be the next bill gates?

------------------------------

One thing we know for sure, that kid will drag his kid through the mall.

10. That kid's mom, she probably ties her men up like that too

[​IMG]

#10     Jul 28, 2011