Pasha Erdogan - Turkey´s President - keeps on giving! TRY being destroyed

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Nighthawk, Nov 23, 2021.

1. Nighthawk

Nighthawk

upload_2021-11-23_11-40-36.png

Say Good Bye To Turkish Lira!

2. maxinger

maxinger

OK. Which smart fellow bought it at 11500 and sold it at 12300?
    He must be laughing all the way to the bank.

3. Nighthawk

Nighthawk

I am short TRY for the last 2 1/2 years. I couldn´t imagine what a hell of "a trade" (actually hundreds of them) that would become! :D

maxinger, zdreg and d08 like this.
  4. thecoder

thecoder

Foreign speculators are killing the currency of a nation.

To prevent this, Turkey (and any other country) should peg its currency to a basket of other hard currencies and gold etc., ie. instruments that have little volatility.

Turkey should study how China successfully did it with its currency Renminbi (RMB): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renminbi#Economics
    The key is to peg the currency, and no longer let its value be defined (ie. ridden, manipulated) by speculators (ie. free-float). That's what I would do if I were the finance minister of Turkey.
    The currency of each and every nation has to be stable (for a stable and reliable, predictable economic development of the country), it should not be allowed to speculate on the currency of any nation. IMO.

So, forex trading is IMO unethical, dirty money, economic war destroying poor countries, robbing millions of poor families. Forex traders should look in the mirror and be ashamed and switch to alternative trading methods like stocks and indexes/indices. IMO.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
  5. maxinger

maxinger

I presume this is your opinion and is not based on facts.

If the Turkish govt is happy with the foreign speculators/weakened TRY, then the govt will not do anything to the foreign speculators.
    But if the Turkish govt is unhappy with the foreign speculators, I am sure the govt will go after the foreign speculators.

6. d08

d08

So remove free-float and replace it with US dollar peg? Didn't know you were so patriotic about the US.

beginner66 likes this.
  7. zdreg

zdreg

Is the $US a HARD currency? Just asking.

8. thecoder

thecoder

Not alone, but together with other similar currencies in a basket makes the basket value a hard value with minimal volatility, an excellent solution to solve the problem of currency manipulations done to a nation by some foreign individuals like this SorosyAs$ as well some enemy state powers acting as speculators (the US is punishing Turkey b/c it dared to cooperate with Russia, even bought military goods like the S-400 from Russia; of course the dying US empire can't allow this and must punish NATO partner Turkey...)

If you don't believe the above said, then read this to convince yourself:

https://www.dw.com/en/should-turkey-fear-the-long-arm-of-us-sanctions/a-50762837
    See also:

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-45167030

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
    zdreg likes this.
  9. zdreg

zdreg

The Israelis will rescue Turkey. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Overnight likes this.
  10. d08

d08

Turkey is playing both sides so it's only fair they have to choose. Lira's decline has everything to do with the deteriorating Turkish economy, Erdogan and his ridiculous policies. But of course it's easier to blame "evil currency manipulators".

#10     Nov 23, 2021