People are negative about trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Jdesey, Mar 27, 2022.

1. Jdesey

Jdesey

It really sucks that the average person is negative about trading. I’ve gotten to the point where I do not share my trading life with much of anyone. I have 1 friend who is very supportive, no surprise that he was trading for about 1.5 years until recently. One of my closest friends continues to say that I should focus on my regular job and forget about trading. Another close friend is a financial advisor and he is happy to deliver index type returns and would never support the risks of trading. I could go on and on of people I cannot share my success and failures with. But at least everyone here gets it.

RaccoonZ, sridhga, VicBee and 5 others like this.
  2. s trader

s trader

yeah because of the 90 percent rule.

90 percent of traders opening accounts lose 90 percent equity after 90 days.

fullautotrading and Dr_Trade like this.
  3. Leob

Leob

Because they geless if you are successful or afraid that you will be.
    They all the same..

4. Jdesey

Jdesey

Yeah I get that. I think what annoys me the most is how people are negative and they know nothing about trading. They have never traded once in their life and some of the people that are negative don’t even invest.

Jones75 and stochastix like this.
  5. yeah, most people are idiots and afraid of everything, and most people get stuck in a groove of stagnation and repeat the same old mundane type of jobs because its all they know and when they see someone succeeding and taking risks it exposes the jealous thoughts in them and the default reaction is to bring you down to their level rather than respect the position and risks and talent to do what you do

Jones75, persistence, TheDawn and 5 others like this.
  6. Jdesey

Jdesey

Very well said. It would be the same thing if I was starting a new business. It doesn’t make it any easier to deal with to understand the issue. I wish I could share this experience with everyone in my life but it causes more grief than it’s worth

stochastix and Leob like this.
  7. Indeed. I have a business idea but its future stuff that hinges upon some theoretical developments that I can't make until I finish debugging this arbitrary precision root finding code for java I'm integrating right now. Yang-Mills theory... people think its "just another thing to be into" rather than an understanding of the principles of nature and reality, ugh.

8. Leob

Leob

It can be even much cheaper the opening a new business. Basically training can be close to zero in term of $..
    And people so afraid to lose money.. it paralyzed there ability to grow, I think..

9. themickey

themickey

Trading has better returns than RE.
    Trading is a niche business, it suits solo thinking.
    My wife trades but I find it best from experience just to not talk too much about it as we think differently and seldom agree.

Leob likes this.
  10. deaddog

deaddog

If 9 out of ten people who attempted to cross the street got hit by a car, would you feel the same way if your friends and aquaintences suggested that you not cross the street.

#10     Mar 27, 2022
    orbit23, Windlesham1 and zghorner like this.