Percentage % of Get-Rich-Quick members on ET?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by short&naked, Jun 27, 2020.

What is the percentage of get rich quick members on Elite Trader?

1. 0-10%

2. 11-20%

3. 21-30%

4. 31-40%

5. 41-50%

6. 51-60%

7. 61-70%

8. 71-80%

9. 81-90%

10. 91-100%

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. What is your best guess?

2. smallfil

smallfil

Probably, 85-90% of those on ET want to be overnight millionaires and most likely, 100% of the ET trolls. Delusional, best describes it. Amazing, so many want to be filthy rich without expending some effort. Those successful traders on Market Wizards, paid their dues, lost monies at the start and learned from their mistakes. Most traders on ET "never" learn from their mistakes. The problem is the ego and their arrogance. They think they know better than the stockmarket.

3. Is that "% of those who actually got rich quickly", or "tried to" (and now may be living in their mom's basement)?

4. Tradex

Tradex

Making money in the market is easy, keeping it is the hard part...

dennis86, _eug_, kinglion and 3 others like this.
  5. Nobert

Nobert

Even if the data, of such study, was 80% or 90% accurate, can't imagine the practical usage for it.
    Let's say ~ 99%.
    And someone uses that as a reason to start marketing some kind of garbage > gets eaten alive by other members, who scan with laser sight through bs.
    (SAmarketForecaster and solar system course for TA, today & just for $5000 (Uranus=long))

The differential factor would be, that you can find ET users, who registered prior the birth of - ~50% wallstreetbets audience.
    And some, during the first days of internet itself.

Chit-Chat has some paranormal activity going on, but that's another topic.
    (laughs)

• re.png
      re.png
      File size:
      174.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    931 and Tradex like this.
  6. 931

7. old coot

old coot

I thought "Get-Rich-Quick was another forum, and the OP wondered how many members of this forum were also members of the GRQ forum. Since it says "Percentage % of Get-Rich-Quick members"
    Am I wrong? I wanted to join.

8. smallfil

smallfil

My impression was the original poster wanted to find out what percentage of the ET message board believed in get rich quick schemes. Most day traders have that mentality but, others too hope to find the holy grail that makes one a millionaire overnight. Hope springs eternal but, a useless exercise wasting precious time that could best be used honing one's skills as a trader. That probably, will bring you closer to the goal by being a much better trader.

9. VicBee

VicBee

I am new her and I am surprised by how negative and bitter many of the older timers are towards the new people. It's with great pains, long research, terrible stressed induced medical bills that one makes money trading, don't you know? How dare you think you can make money without paying your dues... :rolleyes:

The questionnaire doesn't make sense to me. Who doesn't want to get rich quick here, even if most won't? :( would anyone seriously say they want to get rich slowly?

10. smallfil

smallfil

90% of traders lose their monies and go broke. It is your monies and you can gamble if you wish. That is your choice. Be thankful, others are dissuading you from taking unnecessary risks. The primary reason traders go and try and beat the stockmarket is to earn some monies to make life easier by paying bills. If you have just $1,000 or $2,000, you can day trade or risk it all if you wish. After all, it is your monies. Nobody would care. Each trader here is out to make monies but, trading involves more than throwing all your monies in one stock. Sure, you could get lucky and make lots of monies, all at once. Then, lose it all in the next trade. That has happened before but, if you want to make a career of trading and be real good at it, you need to be humble and get rid of the arrogance and tame your fat ego. If there is anything that would make you lose all your monies faster is the fat ego or arrogance. I am not bitter at new traders, why should I? What they do does not affect my trades. You can instead, listen to the ET trolls and there are many of them on this message board. A number of them do not even trade the stockmarket. Maybe, you need to chill and get off your high horse. A question was asked and I only answered it. Now, whether you like my comments, I don't really care. This is a public forum, people express different opinions. Take it or leave it.

#10     Jun 28, 2020