Plan C McConell - Give Obma Authority to Raise Debt Limit

Discussion in 'Economics' started by rcj, Jul 12, 2011.

1. rcj

rcj

Heh Heh.

Lets do it. :D

McConnell fall-back plan leaves debt ceiling hikes to Obama
    By Alexander Bolton - 07/12/11 03:07 PM ET

Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) on Tuesday laid out a plan that puts the responsibility for increasing the debt limit squarely on President Obama.

McConnell has called for Congress to pass legislation authorizing Obama to make successive requests to increase the debt limit.

Under the legislation, Congress could only block those requests by passing resolutions of disapproval, which would have to be supported by two-thirds of both the Senate and House to overcome an expected presidential veto.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...k-plan-that-leaves-debt-ceiling-hike-to-obama

2. LoL!! I love this country!

3. Illum

Illum

Seeding more power to executive? Give more Congressional budget power away. Brilliant McConnell. Was this guy born a groveling commie or do they have pics of him playin with boys?

4. How is this different than McConnell simply abdicating his own responsibility?

5. Have the details of the latest GOP plan been made public yet? I don't mean the broad strokes - I mean the fine grained details.

6. achilles28

achilles28

Absolute horseshit. No executive will impose austerity single-handedly. Besides that, appropriations is a Congressional mandate. That's what the Congress is there to do - keep the executive in check through purse strings!!! The dollar will collapse in 3-4 years if this flies.

7. Max E.

Max E.

Dumbest fucking idea ever.

8. Disagree, my list of dumbest ideas ever are the bra and necktie, then maybe this one.

:)

Seneca

9. Larson

Larson Guest

No leadership. Scum and cowardice is starting to be made manifest, as cracks appear in the dike.

10. achilles28

achilles28

Between the executive orders, line item vetos, non-congressional declared wars and now this, I sincerely believe the partisan establishment is attempting to do away with checks and balances and replace them with some sort of executive dictatorship that only appears democratic. Why would Congress give their power away? Especially on spending??? It makes no sense..

#10     Jul 12, 2011