Plan C McConell - Give Obma Authority to Raise Debt Limit

Discussion in 'Economics' started by rcj, Jul 12, 2011.

1. What a TURD! Planning for the trouble and wanting to say, "It wasn't our/my fault.. blame Obama". That's BS. Congress needs to grow a pair and start living up to their Constitutional mandate and THE OATH TO UPHOLD IT!

If Congress goes along with this... they might as well just line up on the White House steps and cut off what's left of their balls!!

#21     Jul 13, 2011
  2. rcj

rcj

Pretty much what im thinking, GTS. The game is all about 2012
    elections.
    Sen McConell may be the NEW Carl Rove.

#22     Jul 13, 2011
  3. rcj

rcj

Bloomberg Editorial ...

Congratulations to Senator Mitch McConnell for suggesting a strange but plausible device to avoid a U.S. government default, should talks on a debt-limit deal break down. Let’s agree to forget the recklessness, cynicism and intellectual incoherence that have characterized this debate and just say: Good, now let’s get on with the hard work. ...
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-...s-new-political-seriousness-on-debt-view.html

#23     Jul 14, 2011
  4. Neither party is proposing a meaningful, detailed plan.

Obama successfully called the GOP bluff, and defanged the Tea Party wing of the GOP in the process. This proposal was McConnell's concession speech, and in all likelihood, a 9 inch nail in the coffin of the GOP's 2012 presidential chances.

I don't view any of this as a positive development for the future health of the US economy.

"Intellectual incoherence" is a perfect descriptor for what we've witnessed.

#24     Jul 14, 2011
  5. schizo

schizo

Simply put, Republicans are retards. They don't know how to govern; all they know is how to point score politically. And yet, they don't and/or can't even do that without a major hiccup. For instance, they want to gut entitlements to the poor and the elderly but they want to keep tax cuts for the wealthy. Everything they spit out is one contradiction after another. Lets not forget, most of these tea-partiers are quite well off financially.

But more importantly, we ALL care about the economic health of this country, regardless of our political affiliation. However, the Republicans sound as if only they care. That is plain false. Democrats equally worry about the national debt and what the future might hold for their indebted great-great-grandchildren.

#25     Jul 14, 2011
  6. Yet they advocate for ever increasing transfer payments to present recipients which will be a lifelong burden on their own children and grandchildren.

You're Leftist whining doesn't fly.

#26     Jul 14, 2011
  7. achilles28

achilles28

Great great grandchildren?

It won't be 4 years until the national debt wrecks the economy.

#27     Jul 14, 2011
  8. zdreg

zdreg

that's the problem. people,like yourself, who believe that deficit spending is the answer to a problem which is nonexistent in the 1st place i.e. deflation. deflation should be allowed to take place as it is a normal part of the business cycle. it cleans out the excesses of the previous boom and allows for the proper reallocation of economic resources. if not we will end up destroying the currency.

#28     Jul 14, 2011
  9. achilles28

achilles28

lol Where did I say deficit spending is the answer? Please show me.

#29     Jul 14, 2011
  10. GTS

GTS

Gut entitlements? Oh I think you meant to say force entitlement spending down to a level that this country can actually afford vs the fantasy levels of giveaways that we have grown accustomed to.

Keep tax cuts for the wealthy? Oh, you mean maintain the status quo. Funny you didn't say anything about them wanting to keep tax cuts for the middle-class or maintaining no income tax for the poor. Liberals: Never pass up a chance to demagogue.

Its funny how liberals treat other people's money like it belongs to the gov't and they should be thankful that the gov't lets them keep any of it.

Here's a clue - you could tax the top earners any rate you want and you still won't come close to closing the budget deficit. So that means you have to "gut entitlements" or tax the middle-class to balance the budget - can't wait to see which poison the democrats wish to take.

#30     Jul 14, 2011