Poll: Do Chit Chat, Politics/Religion, and the like belong on ET?

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by alanm, Aug 22, 2006.

Do Chit Chat, Politics/Religion, and the like belong on ET?

1. Heck Yes! I need to understand how my fellow traders think

30 vote(s)
    50.8%
  2. Heck No! There are plenty of other places for this stuff

20 vote(s)
    33.9%
  3. I don't care.

9 vote(s)
    15.3%
  1. There was a time when Chit-Chat didn't exist.

It's there for a reason...

#11     Aug 23, 2006
  2. Joab

Joab

Politics directly effects the stock market and it definitely should part of the main forum.

Religion is a vital part of life and more importantly GOD and spirituality are vital roles for any trader to understand if he is going to be well balanced and have a constructive career, so I think they that it should also be left in the main forum.

what's more important to monitor and ban is "Personal Attacks, Vulgarity and Profanity, and Trollers who are just in ET to start fights with everyone.

#12     Aug 23, 2006
  3. Yes, both have a place on the site. There is more to life than just trading and I think that they are fine avenues for venting. No matter what your position. I vote they stay!!! :)

#13     Aug 23, 2006
  4. I voted yes, not because they belong on ET. But because if they weren't here, all the trolls that parade through that forum would undoubtably spill into the other, serious forums.

#14     Aug 23, 2006
  5. hcour

hcour Guest

You're late to the party. We went thru this a couple of yrs ago. They actually discontinued cc for a while and Feedback pretty much ended up becoming the cc forum and so cc was quickly reinstated.

Almost all the boards I frequent, like Computer boards or Movie boards or whatever, have cc forums. It's the place to be off-topic. There is good stuff there, too, besides all the crap, people enjoy discussing culture and politics and what-have-you. What's wrong w/that? There's obviously a need, a "market" for cc, so let it be.

I've never understood the "This is not my cup-of-tea so it shouldn't be here" attitude. Just don't click on the cc forum or don't click on the threads you find offensive or dumb or whatever. Nobody's forcing anyone to read cc. As long the moderators don't allow John Mark Karr to post love-poems to little 6-yr old girls in cc, what possible difference could it make to anyone whether it's there or not?

H

#15     Aug 23, 2006
  6. Baron

Baron ET Founder

If CC threads were shown on the homepage or in some way took the attention away from the trading related forums, then your poll question would be relevant. But since viewing the CC forum is elective, I don' t really see the point of the question.

#16     Aug 23, 2006