POLL: Evolution vs. Creation by God

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by studentofthemarkets, Oct 24, 2021.

Evolution, Creation, God?

1. I am an atheist and believe the theory of evolution.

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  2. I am agnostic and believe the theory of evolution.

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. I believe the theory of evolution but the process was guided by aliens or other powers.

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  4. I believe God created using macro evolution: bacteria became an elephant.

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  5. I believe God specially created according to families/kinds.

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  6. Other-I believe something not represented on this poll.

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That's a trick question! Because if I say yes, there are things that are completely random, even random things have existence and thus have been designed. For example, I could say that the way the wind blows is random, but is it really? There are still elements of design in the wind because wind is made up of the different gasses in the air and each of those bear the marks of being part of God's creation. Also, each of the gasses have unique weights and properties that bear some factor in how the wind moves. Another factor in the wind movement is the location the wind is coming from. If there's a cold wind from the North, then although it appears random, it bears the marks of how God designed our weather system so that a cold wind can occasionally come from the North.

So, there is randomness that occurs in the universe, but whatever things are random, those things have been designed/created, because God created all things.

Say there is a beach with the sand randomly lying on the shore. The only design that can be seen would be the intricate design of the sand particles, which we know God created, and they do show design because even down to the atomic level there is order and design.

HOWEVER, the sand does not, on it's own, build a fabulous looking sand castle. If we see one, we don't think it happened by chance or that the waves formed it or that animals built it, we know that humans designed and built the sand castle.

Hope that answers your trick question!:D

#171     Jun 3, 2022
  2. Overnight

Overnight

I'll get back to you on this challenge because it is getting late for me.

#172     Jun 3, 2022
    studentofthemarkets likes this.
  3. stu

stu

..for example,
    God.
    Designed by humans but has existence in imagination form only.

..so must have created itself:confused:

me neither

seems things that exist in reality and have extensive evolutionary explanation, make no sense to you, whilst self-contradictory nonsensical things do.

#173     Jun 3, 2022
  4. ph1l

ph1l

It's not much of a "stretch" to see how legs could evolve into arms.
    upload_2022-6-3_9-13-57.png

And, didn't the first human God created have three legs?:D

On the other hand, some appendages are clearly arms or legs.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
    #174     Jun 3, 2022
  5. I can draw a tree becoming a human too, but that doesn't mean that it happened that way.:D

This article is very lengthy, so I'm just posting this, completely out of context, because it makes the point that just because there are similarities between things does not prove evolution! The entire article addresses some claims by some evolutionists claiming that they have found some genetic evidence supporting the fish fins to vertebrate limbs evolutionary view. Emphasis added.

The issue to focus on is not similarities, since we obviously share some traits with fish (we are made of cells and are vertebrates). Can Shubin and his team demonstrate that the genes that control the development of fish fins switched over by a Darwinian mechanism before Tiktaalik to start creating digits on limbs? Finding genes that make different structures is not enough to win an evolution debate because a designer could reuse code for different purposes. For instance, the Sonic hedgehog gene (Shh) is widely used in vertebrates. Shubin needs to demonstrate an ancestral evolutionary connection between fish and people at the location of fish fins. Otherwise, he could illogically say about any similarity, “Fish have heads and people have heads. That proves that people evolved from fish.”
    https://evolutionnews.org/2022/01/more-fishy-tales-afoot-from-neil-shubin/

Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
    #175     Jun 3, 2022
  6. WHAT?!!!

#176     Jun 3, 2022
    #177     Jun 3, 2022
  8. Overnight

Overnight

" “Fish have heads and people have heads. That proves that people evolved from fish.”

Y'all just had to go there, didn't you. I hate you all!

#178     Jun 3, 2022
  9. ph1l

ph1l

I guess I was lazy and didn't include a link to explain my crass joke.

It's not just similarities, it's also how small changes over time turn into big changes.

Here is another illustration of how evolution happens.:)

#179     Jun 3, 2022
  10. Overnight

Overnight

Dude, you lost student at the homer-cell-division bit. That is beyond his understanding.

#180     Jun 3, 2022
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.