Predestination

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by gwb-trading, Feb 3, 2017.

1. stu

stu

In my view OT, had Jesus even existed, he like everyone else need only have been a humanitarian. :)

#61     Feb 15, 2017
  2. Perhaps also a visionary strategist!

http://www.quno.org/about

#62     Feb 15, 2017

3. Well said, Odd. I concur with you. The rise of western culture itself is a testament to judeo-christian ethics. I am convinced of this fact.

surf

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    #63     Feb 15, 2017
    murray t turtle and OddTrader like this.
  4. poorboy

poorboy

I think there is a 'plan." Its black. And a sledgehammer is trying to pound us into its shape.

#64     Feb 15, 2017
  5. stu

stu

In reality, the rise of western culture is a testament to trade and the democratic rule of law, not religious superstition.

#65     Feb 16, 2017
  6. Jesus once said the rain is falling for both good and bad guys.

He also talked a parable about a farmer asked his two sons for helping work, while one promised (as believers) to help without even actually showing up at all, but the other verbally denied (as non-believers) to help finally turning up for helping.

When asked, Jesus replied only God is good!

Separately, he further mentioned a man should not be judgemental.

All of these were very similar to Stoic philosophy - Indifferent. Peace-building messages!

Did Jesus himself form or promote a new religion, nominally or formally?

Has Jesus been interpreted fairly and correctly, and/or truthfully and fully, by his believers or organised religions?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    #66     Feb 16, 2017
    murray t turtle likes this.
  7. stu

stu

When asked, Ali Baba replied Open Sesame!

One fantasy aside another .

#67     Feb 16, 2017
  8. An atheist may be too sensitive to the term God nowadays. Partly/mainly due to the God concept is not/never scientific enough.

However according to Stoicism, which was the most popular philosophy during Jesus' era, the construct of God was/is a very scientific one.

God, the nature and natural laws, purposeful/deterministic intelligence, fate and causality, divine reasons and Logos, rational truth and facts, Zeus, the universe and universal laws, cosmos and cosmic laws, divine providence, etc. etc. are all in one.

A Holistic construct that recognises (and beyond) the limitations of human words, vocabulary and writings, or any man-made theories, concepts, constructs, definitions, and imaginations.

Science can be considered as a never-ending process of helping humans to explore more and more knowledge and understanding of this God.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    #68     Feb 16, 2017
  9. kent

kent

#69     Feb 16, 2017
  10. More about Galen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science [​IMG] Galen (129–c. 216) noted the optic chiasm is X-shaped. (Engraving from Vesalius, 1543)

#70     Feb 16, 2017