Prestigious Credit Card for Top Traders

Discussion in 'Luxury and Lifestyle' started by RedSun, Nov 13, 2021.

1. RedSun

RedSun

I do not see this discussed much. What are the credit cards that traders desire to have? The exclusive type, not the AmEx Platinum card that offers a lot of junk benefits with a high annual fee. I can think about the following:

AmEx Centurion card. AF is probably too high.
    JP Morgan Reserve
    Citi Chairman's Card

Those cards are by invitations only and require $MM in assets with the firms. I do not know if there are other cards other than those. I do not consider cards issued by foreign banks.

2. Overnight

Overnight

I would think that top traders pay for everything in cash.

M.W., murray t turtle and KDASFTG like this.
  3. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I think the platinum is worth it.

upgrades and late checkout at fine hotels.
    access to various lounges at many airports.

i qualify for an Amex centurion (at least according to the unofficial criteria) but they still haven’t invited me.

4. Overnight

Overnight

Mreh, I'd rather have that Burger King Gold Crown card or whatever it is called.

5. RedSun

RedSun

AmEx Plat card is too common. Nothing exclusive. Loaded with junk or worthless benefits.

6. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

A debit card. IOW, cash payment in full at time of purchase.

For goods and services that REQUIRE a credit card such as car rental, prefer a zero interest rate over cash-back and other gimmicks because YOU NEVER KNOW what can and will happen between a transaction date and a payment due date.

I have no interest in picking card colors or designs.
    The clerk will think less of me??

M.W. and murray t turtle like this.
  7. %%
    LOL\ never though much about a clerk or jerk 's thoughts.
    I like a debit card/ or gift card for year$\ WMT's MUR gave a good gift card discount\ but slammed that door this year................................................................................
    NOT likely anyone[except banks] wins any over long run with credit cards\ people spend more them them:caution::caution:

8. M.W.

M.W.

Who fucking cares? How old are you? I have 3 credit cards with most likely much higher limits than you have or might ever have. Yet I pay with my debit card for everything. Does a special card make you special? I beg to differ.

9. M.W.

M.W.

What hidden fees? Do a preauthorized agreement to have the entire balance taken out at each settlement, there are no hidden fees then.

10. mervyn

mervyn

Few in my wallet, amex plat for travel lounge access when I travel, can bring a guest in amex club and 2 guests in priority pass clubs, which probably get back what I pay for in foods. Citi custom cash for gas only, get 5% back. Other charges like car insurances and one offs are on my fidelity visa, 2% cash back.
    But I guess however much cash back I get in a year, I could lose in one bad trade. I just like to play the card game, an old habit.

#10     Aug 10, 2022