Price Action doesn't work anymore due to Algos

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Darc, May 21, 2024.

1. smallfil

smallfil

This is what happens when you do not have any risk management and you bet the farm. You might get away with it, until the day, the Pied Piper comes to collect and you must pay.

https://www.institutionalinvestor.c...-streets-viral-laughingstock-optionseller-com

#31     May 23, 2024
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  2. Thanks.

Risk Management, for me, means not removing my defenses (for the sake of engaging the enemy with a strike, or position in the market in our case) until he / it is sufficiently dazed, confounded, lazy, or just exhausted. Some strikes are much safer than others (like a sneaky jab, Joe Frasier style). Haymakers are the opposite, but sometimes even they get lucky (Dos Santos his first time against Velasquez).

You can see this on charts when volatility decreases after a messy pullback, and it begins floating upward like a dead body in water. That's when I begin stalking.....

But your bravado and courage is admirable. I'd be slinging lambos by now, position wise, if I had that ability. :)

#32     May 23, 2024
    Darc and SimpleMeLike like this.
  3. schizo

schizo

Was it King Salomon who said "Like a gold ring to a Miss Piggy's nose"? Hopeless souls should not be saved.

#33     May 23, 2024
    p0box4, Wide Tailz and Darc like this.
  4. Hello Schizo,

I am getting how I live. I may die tomorrow. I am not playing conservative with my trading cause I may die tomorrow.

Get it How you live!!

#34     May 23, 2024
  5. Hello Wide Tailz,

I would like to be rich from trading the ES futures market, in 12 months.

I can not think about risk and think about being rich quickly at the same time.

I do not think about risk management at all.

#35     May 23, 2024
    Wide Tailz likes this.
  6. Hello smallfil,

Well, my friend @smallfil , it is what it is. It is what it is in this trading arena. I see it differently. I told you , I am only trading to get rich, quickly. That is my personal goal. It is what it is.

#36     May 23, 2024
  7. schizo

schizo

And you've been telling him the same ol' nonsense for how long now? You really should be able to see by now that 1 + 1 does not equal 3.

#37     May 23, 2024
    Darc likes this.
  8. Proverbs 11:22:

"Like a gold ring in a pig’s snout is a beautiful woman who shows no discretion."

King Solomon was a fascinating character. I won't nerd out on you with biblical correlations and turning points, but he was the one who put wealth, wisdom, and women before the Lord. The kingdom suffered a deadly wound because of this.

He tried everything this world of good and evil had to offer and concluded it's all vanity!

I'm getting old and see the same reality ahead. Seriously loving the ranch lifestyle now after decades in the cubical prison, but the money they gave me for my sedentary service bought all this land I get to labor over now. :)

Solomon also said the sleep of a laboring man is sweet, but sometimes I wake up with my arm going numb from all the barb wire work this past month.

Now that I'm no longer chasing gainz, for some reason I'm getting a lot luckier. This has been my best year by far, because I get up in the morning and go outside, work, and come back at night to look at charts once in a while. Something about this is much more satisfying than being ready at the console at 6:30 am (Kalifornia time) to try to make sense of mostly random tix...

Last edited: May 23, 2024
    #38     May 23, 2024
    Onra and Darc like this.
  9. Sometimes the only Answer is the one you would never consider!

#39     May 23, 2024
    Darc likes this.
  10. Overnight

Overnight

I must have forgotten...Where is your journal with real money entries and exits again? What section of the site? Can you provide a link to it?

#40     May 23, 2024