Pro Trader vs Amateur Trader

Discussion in 'Trading' started by lwlee, Dec 17, 2021.

1. lwlee

lwlee

One week competition where Daniel Inskeep, well-known YouTuber, goes against Matt, pro daytrader, who also does YouTube videos. Never heard of Matt but I've watched Inskeep videos in the past. Well made videos with good content on a variety of stuff.

They daytraded Nasdaq futures for a week using a $2k with leverage. There was a volatility during week but still surprised at Matt's results.

SimpleMeLike and Laissez Faire like this.
  2. Lol neither of those two are pros. Would rather see “elite day trader” vs hedge fund PM.

Bugsy likes this.
  3. lwlee

lwlee

Matt not a pro? What you saying? He's fake? I did check out his YouTube channel. I always hate it when "pros" use paid service links in their comments section. There is always the possibility that the results were sim-based and Inskeep never verified.

4. This is not a pro lol

Laissez Faire likes this.
  5. lwlee

lwlee

Damn that picture does look scammy as hell. Dude looks like MrBeast with that cheshire smile. I should email Inskeep to see if he can verify the results. I think he would. Some of his videos have been "investigative" in nature.

Laissez Faire and athlonmank8 like this.
  6. But also what exactly defines a pro? Pro typically means they manage other peoples money, have licenses, and some kind of track record

7. lwlee

lwlee

No. Pro day trader means a single trader making money on his own full time. Just like a pro poker player.

Hedge fund managers are not typically classified as day traders.

8. deaddog

deaddog

You'd have to have it over some period of time as I doubt the PM would be taking very many trades.

Bugsy likes this.
  9. In that case, we cannot compare right. The pro would have a lot more money to trade. The amateur account size would be very small. Unless we measure based on points gain. If based on percentage, the amateur will win for sure.

10. Right could be like 1 week or something. That would be interesting to watch.

#10     Dec 17, 2021