prop firm opportunity in Austin

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by swimsprintscash, Dec 19, 2021.

1. Weird reaction...Every experienced trader knows the advantage of trading in an office with other traders as opposed to at home by yourself. I've done both and it's not close. Also lot of people are making moves and Texas has been one of the top spots. I just thought I'd let people know of an opportunity to trade in an Austin office.

#11     Dec 21, 2021
  2. nice man, well then this isn't for you then.

#12     Dec 21, 2021
  3. easymon1

easymon1

#13     Dec 21, 2021
  4. zdreg

zdreg

That is your clueless opinion.Let's start with wasting time getting to the office. one hour per day is 250 hours per year. That is an extra 10 days year you receive to enjoy life.

#14     Dec 21, 2021
  5. Just put a couch in the office, why are you wasting time outside at all?

#15     Dec 21, 2021
  6. It takes me 5 minutes to get to the office. Clearly this isn’t for you. Not sure why you’re here.

#16     Dec 21, 2021
  7. Bugsy

Bugsy

Just out of curiosity, what are the benefits of being in an office with other traders rather than people trading remotely? A lot of people, especially traders, are introverts and do better in secluded environments. May be other aspects of their personality that wouldn't jibe well in an office environment as well. For a personal example, I have ADHD which makes me want to slit my wrist just sitting in front of a computer screen in a computer chair staring at candlesticks.

At home I dont even use my PC, I use a tablet I carry while I do other things as I wait for my setups. Another aspect you limit yourself on is getting the best traders. You are now limited to only what a single city will provide you rather than the entire planet.

I honestly can't fathom how sitting in an office with a bunch of people who do do not contribute to my trading system, in a rigid structure that is less comfortable than your prospects current comfort zone, makes them trade better.

Not judging, just genuinely looking for some clarification on this. Thank you.

#17     Dec 21, 2021
    Leob likes this.
  8. zdreg

zdreg

Your sentence is an example of a common logical error, which is extrapolating from a singular event to the general class.

#18     Dec 21, 2021
    Overnight likes this.
  9. today we hang out on discord voice chat. My trading has improved tremendously after finding a good trading discord group but I agree with your sentiment.

#19     Dec 21, 2021
  10. I appreciate the questions and the genuine curiosity. I think you're right in that an office environment won't suit all people. It was probably more true back in the day before there was so much info online and other ways to connect with traders like discord chats as one poster mentioned. I also think some would benefit from being around other traders and just getting to see what is working for others. Also, I'm focusing more on very active trading strategies, not trading on a tablet from home or the beach. Another benefit is the technology available. it won't affect most but for me having a direct line is very noticeable in data speed. Again, my post probably applies to a very small group of active traders who are tired of trading from home and want a different experience that offers some benefits.

#20     Dec 23, 2021