PYPL

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by ET180, Jan 7, 2022.

1. ET180

ET180

I think they lost that. EBay now processes their own payments.

In my opinion, most of the run-up in stuff like W, ETSY, and SQ was driven by high speculation and central banks and governments flooding the market with money. The bubble had to pop sooner or later.

#11     Feb 6, 2022
  2. Well the bubble may have stopped inflating, but we are a ways off from a pop.

A pop would be giving us a 2-sigma event, which we are due. On the flip side, we may avoid this by carefully going into a very long bear market until corrected. So perhaps it's our turn for THE LOST DECADE (or two). Now you'll know what it's like to be Japan. Haw!

Whatever happens, enjoy the ride down, we are traders not investors. :sneaky:

#12     Feb 6, 2022
  3. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Best post of the week esp re FB TSLA
    Lol re metaverse #epicfail

I may nibble pypl > 142

One app I'm bullish on is tiktok :D

#13     Feb 6, 2022
  4. maxinger

maxinger

180 was not a support.

When you posted your first post,
    PYPL was taking a break / rest at 180.
    Then it continued its downward journey.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
    #14     Feb 6, 2022
  5. ET180

ET180

Taking a break / resting in Nov / Dec means that support was holding up until it broke through. It was established as a support level based on price action from the previous year. 180 served as resistance back in July of 2020, broke through it later that month, held as support in September and again Oct - Nov of 2020.

[​IMG]

#15     Feb 6, 2022
  6. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

bot a bit o pypl, hammer on daily

PYPL7FEBA.jpg PYPL7FEBB.jpg

#16     Feb 7, 2022
    Pricechange likes this.
  7. Nice bounce trade. I love to grab these type for a day trade (sometimes two day) after a huge drop. Facebook is the only one I shy away from a bounce trade (I refuse to call it Meta).

btw..PayPal will be kinda hard to short in the near term cuz a couple of large hedge funds have been mass selling puts and, at the same time, floating fake buyout rumors. Same with Pelton. Fake buyout news and leaked earnings seem to be the new norm rn. Fed and SEC will keep allowing it if the rumors and fake news helps to stem the big drops in tech. I seriously doubt anyone will eventually buy these pigs. So shorting opportunity may be pretty nice in both after a few weeks.

#17     Feb 8, 2022
    KCalhoun likes this.
  8. nitrene

nitrene

Looks like its going to $100 pretty soon. Some support there from 2019. At this rate looks like it will go to $82 like it did in March 2020.

I should have kept my $150 puts instead of selling them at the open last week (2/2/22).

#18     Feb 8, 2022
  9. We live in a new paradigm (again).

In 2017, when your shit-penny stock (pink-sheets) company needs a boost to make up for dying earnings, you just throw in the name 'crypto' (or variant thereof) somewhere in the company title or ticker, and magically stonk goes up (for a while).

In 2000 bubble, every shit-ass losing stock rebranded themselves as a 'DOT.COM' company and again, magically stonk goes up (for a while).

2022, let's rebrand to 'Meta' this or 'metaverse' that to boost stonk and make up for shit earnings.

I got news for you, this meta-shit historically, is unlikely to end well.

#19     Feb 8, 2022
  10. maxinger

maxinger

from the current 120 to 100, it is on the highway with no obstacle.

#20     Feb 8, 2022