Question for Tony Oz

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ArchAngel, Mar 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What Mix Up?

"There has been a mix-up in my newsletter regarding Tony, and a clarification will be issued on the next one. I am sorry for any confusion, as there was no harm meant. It's a mix-up. I have the utmost respect for those mentioned, including Tony - and all fellow traders for that matter. We have been in touch with Tony, who is quite professional about this minor issue. "

You said in your newsletter black on white that Tony Oz is your student is that true or not?

Tony Oz is a professional? Oh please ... Just like OTA is professional?

You guys are all disgusting. The count will get you all!

#11     Mar 28, 2002
  2. you idiot neo...:-|

#12     Mar 28, 2002
  3. Fernando,

I suppose that is entirely possible and that he simply did not remember you. I was merely stating what I remembered about his and my conversation back in January when you ended up subbing for him at the DTUSA meeting. Good luck working with OTA again.

#13     Mar 28, 2002
  4. How much to get you to tell us who the Count is.....I am dying to know. Tell me jow much and I will PayPal it to you I swear. The suspense is simply killing me.

#14     Mar 29, 2002
  5. Fitz

Fitz

I know who the count is. Is that offer to good anyone? :D

#15     Mar 29, 2002
  6. Fernando -

OK, just remember - you asked for it:

1. I don't know about anyone else, but "a mix-up in my newsletter regarding Tony" is a pretty hard sell in this case.

You tell DATTrader that you met Tony a couple of years ago?? A couple of years ago Tony was already successful.

Translating having met him a couple of years ago into "he was my student and LATER went on to achieve success" is hardly a simple "mix-up"?

I met Stephen Hawkings a number of years ago, can I suggest to people that I taught him what he knows about black holes?

Did you also meet Jason Hou and Sammy Chua once? Or were they really your students?

2. Regarding you question "What do you think I should do to change that for this "free" newsletter?" - your own emphasis on "free" pretty much sums up what I perceive to be the fundamental problem with most of the emails - an apparent attitude that since it's free no one should expect it to be particular strong on content, afterall it's just advertising.

And that's basically what shows up in the emails - mostly fairly superficial stuff (e.g., hey on this particualar day the price action did a little Fibonacci dance or maybe a minor rehash of what's been written elsewhere with a here's a chart with a couple of moving averages on it). There's the occassional email containing a little nugget, but most seem to be fairly superficial and mostly an excuse to advertise something.

But of course, there are a number of free newsletters and publications that routinely contain meaningful information, so while "free" usually implies some element of expected advertising it doesn't have to mean "light on content".

#16     Mar 29, 2002
  7. The count will get you all!

LOLOLOLOL

#17     Mar 29, 2002
  8. Just depends on what the "ask" price is. :)

#18     Mar 29, 2002
  9. ArchAngel:

...sorry you feel that way man... :(

#19     Mar 29, 2002
  10. Fitz

Fitz

#20     Mar 29, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.