Question for Tony Oz

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ArchAngel, Mar 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TonyOz

TonyOz

I don't have much time to write a full story about this issue, so just to answer AA's thread question I will post the following statement.

I, Tony Oz, was NEVER a student of Online Trading Academy or of Fernando Gonzalez!!!

I have no idea why this claim was made in that email. I learned about this issue as I was leaving town. My staff contacted OTA and asked them to correct their erroneous claim within 48 hours by sending an email to everyone who received the original erroneous email. I also spoke to John form OTA on the phone on Thursday, and he promised me that an email would be sent out immediately to everyone.

Since I do not know if OTA made good on their promise, or why my name ended up in that claim in the first place, I wish to pause and take time to gather more information about this issue.

Fernando: Please feel free to call me and explain what happened. I would really like that.

Happy Easter Everyone

Tony Oz

#21     Mar 31, 2002
  2. Tony -

Thanks. Thought so.

BTW, in case you didn't know - no correcting email yet from OTA.

#22     Apr 1, 2002
  3. Magna

Magna Administrator

I'm surprised that Fernando has posted twice on this thread since the issue was raised, and in neither case clarified the situation. Instead he made a vague reference to a mix-up :confused: instead of simply coming clean.

#23     Apr 1, 2002
  4. What is OTA?

#24     Apr 1, 2002
  5. OTA=On-line Trading Academy

#25     Apr 1, 2002
  6. Magna - maybe not so confusing - check out Amazon and read the reviews of Fernando's book :)

It's interesting that Fernando's first post said it was just a "mixup" - although it's hardly likely that anyone could have a mixup about whether someone was your student or not. And he said they'd be issuing a clarification (and apparently Tony asked they do so within 48 hours) but now many days later they still haven't bothered to clarify the situation.

If/when they finally do "clarify" it will be interesting to see whether it's buried at the bottom in small font or put at the top like the original "mixup" declaration.

Fernando also chose not to clarlify whether indeed Jason Hou and Sammy Chua were REALLY students of his or whether they were "mixups" like Tony.

Finally, Fernando's reaction to my answer to his question to me for further details/thoughts seems consistent with what we've seen from him so far - "...gee, sorry you feel that way...".

So now that we've seen Fernando in action (or lack thereof), what do you think? Does he/they want us all to conclude from the meaningless response and the apparent unwillingness to deal with and promptly/properly correct the implausible "mixup" that in fact this "mixup" wasn't really a mixup at all but an obvious lie that they got caught on and that they're just a bunch of lightweights (you've got to read those Amazon reviews BTW) just trying to disquise hype and advertising under a veneer of superficial content?

Guess everyone can draw their own conclusions.

#26     Apr 1, 2002
  7. nkhoi

nkhoi

We can start by unsubscribe to OTA e-mail for reason of making bogus claim. After though, funny how Tony tried hard to avoid scandal (ie. TL. thread) and now he has one himself.

#27     Apr 1, 2002
  8. Tony, et al -

Here's Fernando's "retraction" -

"...I’d like to start off my newsletter this week with a retraction and an apology. Last week, I mentioned that Tony Oz, among a couple of other notable people, was a student from my classes back in 1998 – it turns out, that I have been misinformed about this, or I must have mixed it up somewhere down the line. With due respect to Tony and readers, I am hereby retracting this and would like to offer my sincere apologies for the mix-up, as no harm was meant…nothin’ but respect to you, all our colleagues, fellow traders and all market participants!..."

Make what you will of it - but trying to work the "I have been misinformed or I must have mixed it up" sounds like a load of c*** to me.

How do you go from "he was my student" to "I met him once" to "someone else misinformed me as to whether I ever taught this (fairly well known) guy"?

Can't tell whether he's saying he also was "mixed up" about whether he ever taught (or for that matter even knows) the other two guys he mentioned or if his "retraction" is actually saying that none of the people he mentioned were ever students of his.

#28     Apr 1, 2002
  9. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

"I have been misinformed about this"

Damn, you don't know if someone is your own student?
    Somebody has to tell you that Tony wasn't your student?

I think he meant to says was
    "I lied about all these people being my student hoping they wouldn't notice. I'm sorry that they found out."

It's not a mix-up. It's just a blatant lie...

#29     Apr 1, 2002
  10. #30     Apr 1, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.