Question on SLV gamma squeeze

Discussion in 'Options' started by darp, Mar 23, 2023.

1. darp

darp

I have used diagonal spreads for years, think it is the best way to play something.

Wrote an article on CEO.CA about it today.
    You Can Play Silver and Gold and Get a 64% "Dividend", Here is How. Plus, Can Silver be Gamma Squeezed if This Becomes Popular?

https://ceo.ca/@geodan/you-can-play...squeezed-if-this-becomes-popular?dee9e4bf2b78

It has a screen shot. Basically a 5x3 diagonal option spread on SLV. If this caught on, could it gamma squeeze SLV? It is a small mkt.

Thanks in advance.

BTW starts with "
    Yesterday I made 15% or so on my GLD and SLV diagonal option plays and have positive theta on them. That means time decay on the position makes me money each day. It is a way to own gold and silver and get interest on it. On my SLV option diagonals they are currently worth $13,000 and made $1700 yesterday so that is 15% gain in one day as started with $11,300. And I get $23 theta a day, you think of that as a dividend. It was $35 theta a day on Wednesday, but I rolled the 3-24 short options at 20.5 and 21 up and out to 21.5 and $22 and 3-31 yesterday. That is how use this, sell weekly options above current SLV price and roll them each week to next week.

I am long Jan 24, Sept 23, July 23 at 18-19-20ish strike and have about 40% more long calls than short calls.

So $23 a day is a 64% "dividend/year" on silver and I have $58,000 delta."

2. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Why the would anyone consider theta a dividend?

3. If you're trying to scam ignorant would-be traders, what else are you going to do? Explain it? :D:D:D

4. darp

darp

Both are income. One removes money from the company and it goes into my account (dividend), the other does not harm the company, it comes from another option trader. Another difference is theta is a capital gain tax wise and div if you are in Puerto Rico is taxed, cap gains are not.

Cheers

5. darp

darp

The question is if this trade become popular could it cause a gamma squeeze? Came here for expertise on that.

6. Another classic bit of scammer bait. Where have you ever heard of "income" in which you sometimes get a "paycheck" and at other times lose your ass?

taojaxx likes this.
  7. Bullshit. You came here to spam your crap in yet another forum - just like you spammed the exact same message in lots of threads at ceo.ca.

https://ceo.ca/@geodan

destriero likes this.
  8. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

You are pitching this to only Puerto Ricans?

Theta is not income.

nbbo likes this.
  9. darp

darp

Neww, if you have $50 a day of theta, and the stock sits still, roughly you will get $50 from the higher decay on the short options than long options, so what would you call it?

10. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

a capital gains for earning more than i lost on my gamma pnl.

#10     Mar 23, 2023