Question to WTS traders.

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by saico, Jan 14, 2009.

1. saico

saico

Hi there,

is it true, that WTS freezes any capital contribution that new traders make for atleast 12 month? If that is true I would consider not to go with them.

Thanks
    Saico

2. Altec55

Altec55

Yes it is true, initial capital is locked up for 12 months just like any other broker-dealer. I have joined them and am very happy so far with the tech support and assistance they have provided me with, very professional staff and the rates are the best I have found.

3. saico

saico

Thanks Altec55,

your answer is much appreciated!

4. tomu

tomu

Is WTS a BD now? If so what is the name?

Unless they are a BD and require their traders to be licensed there is no reason for them to hold your deposit for 12 months? A retail prop firm that holds deposits for 12 months makes me think they are having money problems?

5. Altec55

Altec55

I believe their international traders are with World Trade Securities and their U.S. traders are with WTS Proprietary Trading Group in New York which is a member of the CBOE/CBX.

6. saico

saico

I think the other way around Altec55, but not sure.

Yes, they are a BD now.

7. 7rader

7rader

what is BD?

8. saico

saico

Broker-Dealer

9. 7rader

7rader

so what software do their traders use? Is anyone trading with WTS at the moment? and if you could please explain how their commissions and your profits work?

10. saico

saico

They use Sterling Trader Pro and Lightspeed is planned to be available soon. Profit splits and commission are pretty much a subject of negotiations.

#10     Jan 14, 2009