Rcgtrader

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by flip76, Sep 9, 2004.

1. 1in10

1in10

You may want to consider their spreads. I think you will find they are not as competitive as some other market makers.

#11     Sep 16, 2004
  2. Chgomatt

Chgomatt

Unfortunately, that is correct.

#12     Sep 16, 2004
  3. gstrang

gstrang

This is why I can not help but post to this thread.

This thread sounds like an exciting "new" fx platform from a well-known market player. But it actually is a white-labeled SaxoTrader which has existed for quite a long time. RCG is a respectable name in the futures industry, for this I tend not to disagree; but Saxo Bank is nothing less respectable in the fx industry.

Again I have nothing against RCG. I welcome the partnership. My point in my last post is that "why people are so excited..." when really it's nothing new. I am curious if this "new" rcgtrader - everybody should have noticed that I respect TradeMark or what it's called by always speak RCG Trader - is any good, why not the original SaxoTrader? And the "extra" functionalities and "tight" spreads available to the Institutional version which requires $100,000 to open account, is standard in SaxoTrader with $10,000 minimum to open account. And Saxo Bank DOES accept US residents - limited to FX and OTC Currency Options, but that's exactly what's available in RCG Trader. I don't believe RCG allows cross-margining with their futures accounts, at least for those with sub-$100k in deposit. So why RCG Trader and not SaxoTrader?

I repeat again I am not against or for RCG Trader or SaxoTrader. Just curious about the why and why. I admit I like Saxo Bank since it's still called Midas. I like SaxoTrader for the online trading of OTC Options. And I use it only for options trading. I have my account prime brokeraged with a major bank, basically have no need to use retail platforms for FX. But I must say that in forex or even futures industry retail platforms are not necessarily inferior to institutional. It's getting more and more blurring.

Quoted from Reuters news:
    "The new platform, dubbed RCG Trader and based on the Danish bank's SaxoTrader, will offer more than 120 currency pairs tradable as spot, forward and options contracts, as well as gold and silver. Trading begins on Thursday."

Press Releases are available on both Saxo and RCG's websites.

#13     Sep 16, 2004
  4. gstrang

gstrang

Yes, correct. $500k account is only considered moderate or small. And the platform, in today's standard, is by no way superior to any major retail platform currently available, in almost all aspects including functionality, stability, and even spreads. But I have said that it's a long time ago. If you were to trade fx online 3+ yrs ago, with the account size mentioned above, how many choices do you have?

#14     Sep 16, 2004
  5. topven

topven

I am lookiing for brokers and banks dealing in OTC currency options, both online or offline. What kind of margins they need for selling (writing) currency options? Any information from the members will be greatly appreciated

#15     Oct 17, 2004
  6. flip76

flip76

#16     Oct 19, 2004
  7. Chood

Chood

Saxo Bank partners with Rosenthal Colllins Group (RCG) to operate the RCG Trader, which is Saxo Bank's Trader white labeled to RCG. Interestingly, RCG takes great pains to hide its involvement with Saxo. RCG does not mention Saxo anywhere in the information and extensive advertising about the RCG Trader. This probably reflects two facts: first, Saxo's retail fx practices are unregulated even in Denmark where Saxo is located, and second (and this relates to the first fact), Saxo has a reputation for "bucket shop" practices against its retail customers.

#17     May 25, 2005