Ready or not, I went live 7/27

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by DougStewart, Aug 4, 2017.

1. algofy

algofy

Why sim trading is futile. Like Tyson said everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

#31     Aug 8, 2017
  2. johnnyrock

johnnyrock

Mike updated this to everyone has a plan until you get your ear ripped off. I think that analogy is more applicable to trading.

#32     Aug 8, 2017
  3. algofy

algofy

More like ear chewed off.

#33     Aug 8, 2017
  4. Jdesey

Jdesey

My fiancé wouldn't support my goal to trade. One of the reasons she's an ex fiancé.

#34     Aug 8, 2017
    motif and algofy like this.
  5. volpri

volpri

In other words your ex "cracked the whip but you didn't make the trip?"

#35     Aug 9, 2017
    johnnyrock likes this.
  6. Jdesey

Jdesey

well,,, no word from the OP... HMM let's see... it is not like everyone tried to warn him ahead of time and give good solid advice. But hey, I am sure we were all there at one time..

#36     Aug 9, 2017
  7. algofy

algofy

Yep, I think everyone in retail blows their first account. That's why always comment to keep that first account small. The folks around here that say you have to start with a $50,000 account or forgetting that most people will blow up their first account. Make that blowup 3000 or 5000 not multiples of that.

#37     Aug 9, 2017
    johnnyrock likes this.
  8. Jdesey

Jdesey

yeah buddy... I have had 2 official blow ups... one in 2011 and one in 2015.... I think it is like a right of passage thing to be a trader.

#38     Aug 9, 2017
    algofy likes this.
  9. jsmacksem

jsmacksem

Maybe OP doesn't stalk these boards like rest of us.

Maybe a domestic dispute.

#39     Aug 9, 2017
  10. jsmacksem

jsmacksem

I tried to insert cute smiley face from iPhone. Didn't work. Let's try again.

#40     Aug 9, 2017