Ready or not, I went live 7/27

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by DougStewart, Aug 4, 2017.

1. maxpi

maxpi

Doctors, lawyers, finance, academia are fields dominated overwhelmingly by introverts. Of course they get divorced, they think they are superior and have little social skills. I was married to one. She supported me in only one activity: Go to work and bring home a paycheck. After I got out of that mess I started dating but I'd read up on personality types. I was dating a model, tall, good looking woman who was after me like crazy... Best thing I ever did was sort out the personality type and tell her to gtfo! She was starting to bitch at me about how I did nearly everything, the superiority she just couldn't suppress... I could have gone right back into a horrible mess for a second time... Now I'm with a nice little extrovert gal, I thought we'd make a good team because she's feelings oriented and I'm a thinking man and in a lot of ways it is a good partnership. I talk to her about trading and she just says "you can do it". That is all I need really, some support. Marriage to those introverty bitches is like having an overseer, I'd sooner kill one before I'd waste time with one nowadays...

#81     Aug 16, 2017
  2. DeltaRisk

DeltaRisk

Hey now, don't go American Psycho!

I don't have the experience to offer too much advice, but I'd say go with the people who support you and don't turn a blind eye to your naysayers. Trading is the most difficult and least successful profession in the world. Sometimes, it is better to throw in the towel and get a job.

Personally, I scratched and clawed for years to build my capital. I lost friends and family because of it. But, do I regret it? No.
    Why? Because now I can live the life my 18 year old self imagined. I'm certainly not on Forbes, but I'd call it quite comfortable.

#82     Aug 16, 2017
    jsmacksem, johnnyrock and comagnum like this.
  3. maxpi

maxpi

Men need support from their women. It is very basic to the male personality. Having a superior overseer JUST SUCKS. If my ex could have given any real reasons why I shouldn't study trading in my spare time and dabble at it I would have listened but she never did. I set her up for life, moved with no forwarding address, I'm happily separated, I still miss the dog after all these years though.

#83     Aug 19, 2017

4. You know what they say: If you lock your girlfriend and your dog in the trunk of your car and then come back four hours later, which one is still happy to see you?

Same if you blow out your account. If that happens, which one is going to be gone by the end of next month, or the end of the day. You don't have to explain that to your dog even though your dog might have a better chance of understanding than your wife does/did.

#84     Aug 19, 2017