RealEstate - THIS WILL BLOW YOUR MIND

Discussion in 'Economics' started by traderdragon2, Jan 11, 2007.

1. ==================
    T-neub;
    Another advantage you are blessed with;
    most owner-agents dont do thier own contracting/home improvement.

And most contractors don't do their own real estate sales or are REALTORS, some are:cool:

#211     Jul 27, 2007
  2. I am moving homes priced at 600 to 1million like they are Crack in South Texas.

The market has slowed a bit, homes are sitting more than 90 days. However, this Bull market in Land and Homes looks to run for another few years in this region.

Just like in Financial Markets, you gota play where the game is still on. Most RE agents/brokers wil be out of business by years end in the East and West Coast.

#212     Jul 27, 2007
  3. Tom631

Tom631

To tneub

I just kind of stumbled on to this thread and must tell you that if you keep the ambition and attitude that you have, you will be very successful.

I'm a small time options trader and just recently took an interest in real estate when a house came on the market in my neighborhood when the owner passed away. I was at Amazon ordering a book for a girlfriend and for the hell of it, I looked in the real estate book section and saw" FLIP How To Find, Fix, and Sell Houses For A Profit"...I haven't opened it yet but want to ask you if you read it?

Can you recommend any books or websites for anyone interested in real estate investing ( fixing up and re-selling) and don't know where to start..like me?

Thanks and best of luck to you..

#213     Jul 27, 2007
  4. Terrific advice tneub and thanks. You will also write a great book one day :)

#214     Jul 28, 2007
  5. MattF

MattF

^^if it looks like these posts, I'd shudder to be the editor..:p :D

j/k, great postings and you hit on the main keys of having a good working relationship, and pricing things lower then the rest...which in the end sells faster and makes more because it's more of a constant stream (I believe in the same philosophies big time).

#215     Jul 28, 2007
  6. hey, tnoob - when you blow out the period key which will you use next, comma or slash key? :D

#216     Jul 28, 2007
    #217     Aug 4, 2007
  8. A bit over a year ago I posted there were 146 foreclosures in this san diego area.

There are now 358 bank owned propertes :eek:

A 245% increase in just over a year in one of the strongest up and coming san diego communities (great schools)

The NAR keeps saying the bottom is in. HAHAHAHAHHAA idiots.

#218     Mar 24, 2008
  9. San Diego county as a whole is up 257% in foreclosures vs this time last year, and we still have about 20 months of upcoming ARM adjustments to work through.

Its just anecdotal, but a really cool 12 unit complex around the corner from me in Pacific Beach has 5 of the units for sale. This is in one of the healthiest RE neighborhoods around as well. San Diego is sooo screwed. I think it is definitely on the far spectrum of how bad it is in general however. Most markets in the US are doing a lot better (relatively speaking of course).

#219     Mar 24, 2008
  10. Here is a pic of bank owned properties in the more affordable Mira Mesa area of san diego.

The realtytrac map will not plot the homes if there are more than 150 on the screen at one time.

I had a difficult time finding a spot on the map that had less than 150 homes on it that are bank owned :eek:

This is a disaster. We have almost 2 more years of arm resets and the most insane bank owned inventory to burn through anyone could ever imagine.

#220     Mar 24, 2008