Red Velocity

Discussion in 'Trading' started by .sigma, Mar 10, 2020.

1. .sigma

.sigma

Is this the largest, most vicious decline you've seen as a trader?

For me, yes it is. I started trading around 2010 right after the 08-09 calamity.

But these moves are insane. It makes me question whats going on in those black boxes in New Jersey.

2. trdes

trdes

Not saying its easy to trade or always see, but once it gets going in a buy or sell mode it's actually trending reasonably well. The only difference of course the ATR moves are a lot bigger, that's because larger charts / larger players are currently active. To counter act that I am trading smaller on position sizing and trading larger charts. I've seen quite a few people say they are doing the same things.

You really have to step back and expand your view on the market in some way. If you're keeping your same strategy, particularly if it involves a set stop loss that is ATR based or relatively small and you don't change your chart size or etc it's going to be extra difficult to trade this.

.sigma likes this.
  3. kandlekid

kandlekid

No. 1987. But I was not trading then. In 2008, I was. 2008 was definitely more brutal. But we may be only at the front end of this one. Ask me again a year from now. :) In terms of traders making and losing fortunes, I'd say the dot com boom/bust and bitcoin.

Anyway this is from 2009 (re: 2008): World economic system nearly collapsed Sept. 18, 2008.

http://zerohedge.blogspot.com/2009/02/how-world-almost-came-to-end-at-2pm-on.html

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
    .sigma likes this.