RefcoFX Canadian accounts

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by uninvited_guest, Nov 3, 2005.

1. If you are in Canada your RefcoFx account might not be a Canadian account. I inquired about my RefcoFx acount and even though I'm from Canada my account was set up as an American account and funds are frozen.

2. Xenia

Xenia

3. Xenia what you posted isn't new and doesn't help Canadian account holders who had there accounts set up as an American account, like mine was.

Even though I filled out the extra paper work and faxed it in RefcoFX set my account up as an American account instead of a Canadian account. I wonder how many other Canadian account holders got shafted like this?

4. Traders not located in BC most likely got sent to the US branch for opening to avoid the regulatory hassles of opening a Canadian account. The authorities there can say, "you're too old/dumb/poor so you aren't allowed to trade," and you won't be permitted to open the account. But, in the US as long as traders are advised that the trading FX is inappropriate they will still be allowed to open accounts if they insist on it.

Trader/God