Reforms due in US for POTUS

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Humpy, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Humpy

Humpy

Can't help thinking that the duties and responsibilities of the POTUS are too much for one person. To guard against the possibility of the voters being fooled into electing a lunatic that it should be held by a quorum of past Presidents still mentally intact. A bit like The Supreme Court.

The current one could be the Chairman and all Presidential executive orders should be made by a majority within the quorum.

The position of President of the US affects the whole world too and the future of the human race.

Other countries should also not be dictated to by the whims of only ONE person.

2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Been this way for a long, long time. All of a sudden its a problem when you don't like the policy?

Why don't you give me an example of something you believe should be changed. Merely writing "reforms needed" doesn't provide a whole lot of context. I should also note that you could do the same for your home country - aren't you from the UK?

Poindexter likes this.
  3. Humpy

Humpy

The old days of Kings and Emperors should be overtaken by a committee.
    Surely that is a big change for the better. If the top man gets irritable with some person or group should he really have the power to kill them as at present. A committee at the top might have a better and more humane view. What could be better than having the power of the US in the hands of its ex-Presidents ?
    Yes the UK along with Russia, China etc. should change too but they have less influence world wide. Perhaps start at the bottom with tin pot dictators in Africa etc. ?

4. Humpy

Humpy

Should one man put the planet at risk gainsaying what the experts are generally agreed upon with statements like

“The concept of global warming,” he tweeted, “was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive.”

Clearly dangerous and ridiculous.

5. Orange Jeb is only doing what the Republican Establishment wants him to.

6. I think we should go the other way. Trump should seize all power and dismiss the congress and federal courts. Arrest the more annoying members of both. We will never have a better leader than Trump and we need to take steps to remove impediments to his perpetual rule.

That would also mean we get to keep her.

[​IMG]

7. Tom B

Tom B

As a UK resident, it would seem like you would have more pressing concerns. Brexit, sharia law and proper dental care are a few that come to mind.

8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

So no examples, just generic "this sucks".

9. Humpy

Humpy

If you are having difficulties with your reading or comprehension, do put the Chinese view.
    You probably haven't noticed that US citizen's rights are being eroded before your very eyes as you soak up the MAGA bullshit.

10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

If I were Chinese, I might. Certainly it would make more sense than the horse manure you're putting out.

#10     Oct 16, 2018