REITS - what's the outlook ?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by syswizard, Jul 31, 2016.

1. PURAX really pulled back here after hitting new highs. Profit taking ?
    With the BOE announcement today, that should help it....no ?

#11     Aug 4, 2016
  2. Well REITs were getting clobbered ahead of the BOJ/FED announcements, but they zoomed yesterday afternoon.
    However, with an impending Dec rate rise, that could hold them back.
    Anyone have an opinion on future direction ?

#12     Sep 22, 2016
  3. vanzandt

vanzandt

I think residential REITS are good for the long haul.

#13     Sep 22, 2016
  4. Dunno Zandty...
    They have been moving in tandem to the TLT recently.....and they are far off their June highs.
    I think there's better opportunities out there.....

#14     Sep 24, 2016
  5. I bailed out of my PURAX 2 weeks ago. REITs have been in a steady decline since early August. See VGSIX for a proxy on the REIT market.

#15     Oct 5, 2016
  6. This looks like the capitulation phase. This bond selloff looks a lot like the taper tantrum of '13.

#16     Nov 10, 2016
  7. clacy

clacy

How about the high yield muni market today? Brutal

#17     Nov 10, 2016
  8. Sorry to say, but Zandty was definitely wrong on this call....see earlier posts.

#18     Nov 10, 2016
  9. vanzandt

vanzandt

Wiz... I still think for the long haul, residential REITS are a good buy. When I say "long haul" here, I am talking several years out. I see multi-family housing being a growing trend with millennials. Home ownership is not what they want. They're too lazy, as a whole. Home ownership is a pain in the ass. I work with a lot of millennials and none of them dream the "American Dream". Posh apartment complexes are where its at, at least for them. Again, this is a long term view.

#19     Nov 15, 2016
    Cuddles and cdcaveman like this.
  10. Zandty - you are losing cred....the top was in 4 months ago...I got out a little late, but not as late as those who would be bailing out now.
    Rates are now "sticky".
    I wouldn't touch REITS.

#20     Nov 15, 2016