Results of Backtesting>> Profitable system!! What other tests should I perform?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Iwilldoit, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Lol, and what stage are YOU at ?

@Chris Mac

#11     Jul 15, 2016
  2. Chris Mac

Chris Mac

Ok "i will do it". Truth hurts, but there is 100% chance you will not do it tomorrow, or in one year and probably never. Your sarcarstic "Lol" when someone tells you the truth shows that road would be long, really long for you. You are still at stage 1.
    In my case, I have made money for a long time, I make money, I will make money.
    My trading plan and rules are successful, and I am disciplined.
    Btw, I would probably not help any more wannabe traders here like you.
    People don't want to learn. They just want to complain or dream about unrealistic goals.

CM

#12     Jul 17, 2016
  3. IS THIS CHARACTER FOR REAL??? N=145, I THOUGHT THAT WAS NO OF TRADES INSTEAD IT IS SAMPLE SIZE, WTF!! TRY 4 YEARS, N=1000 IF DAILY DATA, AND LETS SEE WHAT YOU GOT

#13     Jul 17, 2016
  4. Whoa easy there buddy!!!!

I was merely asking a question....no need to take it so personal!!!

Wow.

@Chris Mac

#14     Jul 17, 2016

5. Sorry I meant N is the number of trades. Why the need for ALL CAPS? are you yelling?

and the profanity? this is a professional forum.

Thank You

@lizmerrill

#15     Jul 17, 2016
  6. #16     Jul 18, 2016
    userque likes this.

7. that means 3000 trades?

@Handle123

#17     Jul 18, 2016
  8. Handle123

Handle123

Sample size in backtesting, yes. last back test I did on recent automate system I been scalping past 6 years, each signal had over 20,000 sample size and had 12 signals going back ten years of tick data. Let me ask you this, if you plan to go on vacation for a month to different countries or one country, do you spend year looking for where you want to explore? If there is a business you want to start, do you start 1-5 years beforehand to get research? So why does 3,000 sound so much for people? What it is comes down to money too easy to make as people just want to say they want to make it, but they lose it so easily. I know more about my systems than what makes my car run or next vacation or business, but I am researching these others to gain knowledge.

#18     Jul 18, 2016
    Iwilldoit likes this.

9. Thank you for reminding me about the Profit Factor, I went on excel and calculated the Profit Factor, it is 1.3717...

http://www.the-lazy-trader.com/2012/02/risk-reward-profit-factor-analysis.html

I guess its a decent profit factor....

@Zzoom

#19     Jul 18, 2016