Retail Forex: A dirty little secret?

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by KaliKali, Jan 10, 2006.

1. toby400

toby400

2. squeeze

squeeze

#52     Jan 30, 2006
  3. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

retail is only good for long term trades to be held overnight perhaps even for weeks. Futures is where the short term trades should be taken

#53     Jan 30, 2006

4. Is it true ?

#54     Feb 18, 2006
  5. KS96

KS96

sure

#55     Feb 20, 2006
  6. tenerson

tenerson

We have recently ventured into the forex market. At the start of last year we began mangeing some client money through several different forex sources. We were very disappointed in the spread and execution of trades through most front ends. the thing about forex markets is that there is no central market place, like an exchange. So the deal with most of the FX trading sites is that they are trading off of the positions that the small independent traders are executiong. Now you can get tighter spreads that are not offset if you pay a commision per trade. So in our research, we were looking for an option to offer to our clients that remained commission free but still offered tight spreads that were direct trade throughs to the banks bids and offers. We recently found a partner that is able to offer that to us through our own label. We are now able to offer those same tight spread, 1- 2 pips, and keep them commision free. becasue we are able to trade directly with the banks, we do not need to instill the mark ups that most retail sites need to in order to offset indepent trades positions againxt what the banks are doing. So, esentially what is happening with the other sites like Icon and FXSolutions, is they offer a market to clinets that does not reflect the market they are seeing, they accept your trades with the mark ups built in and then offset them with the banks at a profit for themselves. The other problem that we saw was the requoting of prices and tremendous latency in fill notification. through our new system we dont experience those issues. we are very excited about this relatively new environment for trading forex. For the first time, there is now a central aggregate arean for conductiong forex trading. feel free to go to our website and contact us for more information about this and any other forex or futures questions or comments.
    www.trendphonicfutures.com

#56     Jan 7, 2009
  7. tenerson (Derek Michael Gilroy),

If you're going to so blatantly spam, why do it in a thread from TWO YEARS AGO? At least try!

I figured you were the standard run-of-the-mill ib, but you're actually running a brokerage service out of your geocities website from 1998? Good lord..

I love how your "self-directed commissions" rate is a "maximum $10". This has to be a joke.

#57     Jan 7, 2009
  8. tenerson

tenerson

I am not really sure what you are trying to get at with this post in response to my comments. I simply replied to a question and am interested in expanding our forex business via different sources on the web. the commision quotes on the website oare for Retail Futures accounts and not forex. I have been a professional trader at the CBOT for over ten years both in the pits and out. Not sure what the definition of spam is on here, but do feel that I have some insight to offer to traders who have not been in the trenches before, having only experienced trading online. If I connot be of any help to you, then that is fine, but the source of my website or the nature of my posts are certainly not spam, like mass emails or automated responses.

#58     Jan 7, 2009
  9. tenerson

tenerson

We have recently ventured into the forex market. At the start of last year we began mangeing some client money through several different forex sources. We were very disappointed in the spread and execution of trades through most front ends. the thing about forex markets is that there is no central market place, like an exchange. So the deal with most of the FX trading sites is that they are trading off of the positions that the small independent traders are executiong. Now you can get tighter spreads that are not offset if you pay a commision per trade. So in our research, we were looking for an option to offer to our clients that remained commission free but still offered tight spreads that were direct trade throughs to the banks bids and offers. We recently found a partner that is able to offer that to us through our own label. We are now able to offer those same tight spread, 1- 2 pips, and keep them commision free. becasue we are able to trade directly with the banks, we do not need to instill the mark ups that most retail sites need to in order to offset indepent trades positions againxt what the banks are doing. So, esentially what is happening with the other sites like Icon and FXSolutions, is they offer a market to clinets that does not reflect the market they are seeing, they accept your trades with the mark ups built in and then offset them with the banks at a profit for themselves. The other problem that we saw was the requoting of prices and tremendous latency in fill notification. through our new system we dont experience those issues. we are very excited about this relatively new environment for trading forex. For the first time, there is now a central aggregate arean for conductiong forex trading. feel free to go to our website and contact us for more information about this and any other forex or futures questions or comments.
    www.trendphonicfutures.com

#59     Jan 7, 2009
  10. Well thought response.
    Do you get paid on a per-word basis for your spam work?

#60     Jan 7, 2009