Risk. What is it really?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by marketpugilists, Jun 5, 2021.

1. Risk is vulnerability to harm, however that presents itself.

#41     Oct 26, 2022
  2. Bryan86

Bryan86

There is risk everywhere. However, in order to protect against risk in trading, a risk management strategy must be learned like the use of stop-loss to limit your losses.

#42     Nov 1, 2022
  3. ckent175

ckent175

The biggest differentiation between “market risk” and “trader risk” is how they can be controlled. Market risk is uncontrollable – I am at the mercy of the markets. Trader risk is controllable, as I can react to the market however I choose.

#43     Nov 1, 2022
  4. i have seen sometimes after having risk management the result of trading be useless , actually there is nothing 100% in Forex trading.

#44     Nov 3, 2022
  5. josy5

josy5

You're right, our emotions and actions should be in control and according to the understanding of market only that shall help to us to perform mindfully.

#45     Nov 5, 2022
  6. grommet

grommet

Understanding risk and how to tackle it becomes an art in this market after a point. Not everyone is smart enough to time their trades properly or follow a plan towards generating profit. By applying the correct risk control techniques at the right time, traders can definitely win. For this, understanding market sentiment and psychology is most important.

#46     Nov 14, 2022
  7. Kazos

Kazos

Yes I agree, risk management is very important but having an logical mindset to set some boundaries for limiting losses is also very crucial as it will always keep oneself safe from unnecessary risks.

#47     Nov 15, 2022
  8. Overnight

Overnight

Do you have a live trading journal to prove your psychological concepts about unnecessary risks?

Can you show us how you have conquered this problem with risk, and how you have limited your losses in live money trading? Please, we await your proof of success in trading.

#48     Nov 15, 2022
  9. Cyril02

Cyril02

Risk implies future uncertainty about deviation from expected earnings or expected outcome.

#49     Dec 9, 2022
  10. I never risk more than 1% per trade. I follow this.

#50     Dec 30, 2022